Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Kirill

Development Team Member
Hi

If i use norelaxation training mode, SmO2 DROP 0% and moxy sometimes stops writing down data in the FIT file completely.

As a result I see a gap though sometimes data are around 1% of oxygen

Exercise - leg extension, VL muscle.

1.jpg  2.jpg  3.jpg  4.jpg 

Kirill

Development Team Member

By the way. I had had a thought. Deoxygenation depends on time under loading and weight in % of a one-repeated maximum.

Therefore change (growth smo2) on standard warm-up scales in exercises without relaxation of muscles speaks about a hypertrophy of muscles. Also Moxy can be the control device.

bobbyjobling

Development Team Member
That is due to low fat content under the Moxy sensor, you need to move it to an area with more adipose fat.
Kirill

Development Team Member
Thickness of the fat over the whole area of the VL ~ 3 mm. It is possible to put on other quadriceps heads [smile]
bobbyjobling

Development Team Member
Try to move it more orizontaly towards RF but still keep it on VL. You will see a higher resting SmO2 when you get more fat under the sesnor.
Roger

This is an issue of the readings going off of the calibration lookup table.  A slightly different location might help.  The underlying issue is that there are factors in the tissue that the Moxy is not completely insensitive to.  This could be things like skin color, inhomegeneities in the muscle, or any other factor that makes the light interact with the tissue differently than the model expects.

At really low SmO2, this can make the readings go off the edge of the table.  The Moxy stops reporting values when this happens.

I'm looking at ways to make the sensor handle this situation more gracefully so there are no gaps in the data.  I'm reluctant to just have it display a 0 or a 1% SmO2 because this is one of the factors we use to reject readings when the sensor is off tissue.  I need to figure our how to know when we are just slightly off the lookup table or figure out how to expand the lookup table in this area in a way that makes sense.
Kirill

Development Team Member

My skin is white, without sunburn. And in general, there is never a problem with reading except performing exercises without relaxing the muscles ("imitation" kaatsu).

The sensor was glued to the leg and pressed on top by bicycle compression shorts, plus on top of the usual sports pants for complete isolation from the light.

Full-amplitude squat, during which the O2 level with a jump in the range from 0 to 18% does not cause disabling of data recording.   

bobbyjobling

Development Team Member
You need more body fat [smile]
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net