Author   Comment  
Roger

Roger

There were a couple of questions that were submitted but we ran out of time for.

Q1) Is there any plans to integrate BLE into the Moxy´s next generation? I would love to use it in real time with my Suunto Ambit3 (or then 4 supposedly) but since they gave up ANT+ connectivity, there´s currently no way to synch it, correct? Will this be possible in the future? (sorry to ask this at a Garmin Webinar ;-)

Roger's Answer:  We do plan to implement BLE into the Moxy at some point but there is no timeline for it right now.  The hardware that we use for the ANT+ radio is also capable of BLE.  The catch is that we will need to develop a Muscle Oxygen profile and have it approved and then get companies like Suunto to implement it on their side so it's quite an uphill battle.  In short, no Ambit3 support anytime soon.

Q2) Is it possible to show some sort of "confidence" metric so that you know how well you executed a 5-1-5 test? Big thing with tests is trending and repeatability.  The green wedge/bar is an example but there seems to be quite a bit of variability.

Roger's Answer: Hmmm...that's an interesting idea.  If I'm understanding this correctly, you're looking for some measure of how well you held to the target pace or power during the loads.  This sounds like it could be something that's looked at when the data is analyzed after the test.  You can definitely make a plot of actual pace or actual power and visually look at how stable it was.  When .FIT file recording becomes available, we may be able to record the target power or pace too so you could see if you were above or below or all over the place.  I will keep this in mind.  Thank you for the suggestion.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net