Author   Comment   Page 3 of 3      Prev   1   2   3
Jiri Dostal

Development Team Member
Just a question to Juerg. I think I know the answer, however before I post it I have question. What is worksout 1 and worksout 2.
- at the first post from 10/10 the first one is without 1min break during the loads, while second is with stops.
- at your send post ated on 10/11, and in the related further posts by Fred the first one is with the 1min stops and second with no stops.

... so which sequence we talk about, and we should comment? 

Thanks

juergfeldmann

Development Team Member
Jiri,
Not  sure, whether I understand the question correctly.
Here  perhaps some help or better feedback  as you do not need help   as you have the answers.
 None of the workouts  had a  rest  , in all workouts  we always  had a load.
 The load  was adjusted  with a  HR target , so  when  we look at  the red  HR    feedback,  you can see that the goal  was  ( not always  achieved )  to  get  a HR  close  to the initial    first 10 min   preparation   HR. We  than as well compared  not just  HR  but as well load  and with it SV.
 So in simple terms,  we where looking  what  wattage   can we push  by the same  HR  as in the in initial step,  when we  tried  to  create a higher SV.
 The idea  was :
 If  we  can create a higher  SV  and we can maintain the same HR , we will have a  higher  CO  and therefor  if this increase in CO  makes  sense  for performance we should be able  to push a higher wattage    with the same HR  than we  had  at the start of the workout.
 Hope this makes  sense.
 . Than we  tried  different interventions ,as  you can see  on how we may be able to increase SV..
 The key was  to  create  the smallest  amount of effort  but pushing the highest performance level.
 So that would be than the optimal idea  for racing.
 After that we  tried  to find the least efficient  way  to increase SV   , that woudl be than  for a workouts.
 The most efficient  way  on the other side  would be used for  workouts, where  we  try to give the cardiac system a break , but load a different system to its  limitation. For example loco motor  muscle overload  without stress in the cardiac system, ro respiratory  overload  without  stressing the  cardiac system  and the  loco motor system. So creating a  stress on diaphragm  but increase SV  with minimal stress on the cardiac frequency.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net