Author   Comment  
dawn lagergren

Development Team Member
In the name of Moxy, I did some intervals on the treadmill (maybe for marathon training too...)  Here is what I did:
-10 minute warm-up at 5.8 mph incline at 1
-got off treadmill to write down info
-completed five 2 minute intervals with 2 minutes of walk/recovery between  each one
-runs were 8.0,8.1,8.2,8.1, and 8.0 mph
-walks were 4.0 mph
-10 minute cool down at 5.8 mph incline at 1
Moxy was placed on right outer thigh muscle.  No moisture issues, wore sleeve and no rubbing occurred.  Was looking forward to watching my levels drop as I tired out during each run but the watch de-coupled on me just after my warm-up (walked away from treadmill where watch was attached) and I could not get it to turn back on and give me readings.  Glad it still recorded info.
Interesting to see SmO2 on identical warm up and cooldown runs-much more consistent oxygen on cooldown.

Attached Files
csv intervalmoxy.csv (29.31 KB, 34 views)

dawn lagergren

Development Team Member
Meant to attach my fancy graph...I will try again

Attached Files
xlsx intervalmoxy.xlsx (62.00 KB, 53 views)

Roger

Nice Graph!

The intervals seem consistent with some of the work that Larry has done a few weeks ago.

I think it's interesting that the SmO2 still hasn't reached a steady state even after about 10 minutes of warm up.

Roger
Juerg Feldmann

Fortiori Design LLC
Critical question.
 1. What  nice graph . with any direct bio-marker info you would have the same nice picture . HR or  RF or TV or VE or SV or CO. is just another graph showing load and unload . The question here is for what can it be used . 2. Why do you use a  physiological  measure and than abuse it with metric and time physical  interval modes. It has to be the other way to see actual benefits of NIRS. the SmO2 is the stable info and the time or speed is the variable..
3. Why are you surprised that SmO2 did not reached a steady state  after 10 min. You g have a great tool and still think in the old fashion of steady state and lactate threshold
 The  main problem is, that you use MOXY  and try it works buy using lactate threshold, which in the best case is at least now he av.ily discussed and disputed and in many researchers mind abandoned as it simply is not repeatable nor does it possibly exist. So you try to proof a great tool  to justify it with something  which does not exist . How can that work. It suppose to be the opposite way . People who believe a lactate threshold exists  can now use NIRS or a moxy and see, why   their idea of a threshold has  very Little  or perhaps no merits.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net