Author   Comment  
MetaTrainingSST

Development Team Member

Here you have other test, this cyclist has 17 years old, he is a cyclist of high level. He is a high performance center.

Weight: 60Kg
170cm

Test: 4-1-4
Intervals - Load

1. 50w
2. 100w
3. 150w
4. 200w
5. 250w
6. 300w
7. 350w
8. 400w (Not finish, only 1min)

Below the graphs there is the relationship between the analyzed muscle and its color

1. Deltoid
2. XXXX
3.Rectus Femoris Left
4.Rectus Femoris Right
5.Vast Lat Left
6.Vast Lat Rigth
7.Hamstring Left
8.Hamstring Rigth
9.Twins Left
10.Twins Rigth

SMO2 Global
1. SMO2.jpg 
SMO2 - LEFT LEG

2..jpg 
SMO2 - RIGTH LEG
3.jpg 

SMO2 - RF  (LEFT & RIGTH)

4.jpg 
SMO2 - VL  (LEFT & RIGTH)
5.jpg 
SMO2 - Hamstrings (LEFT & RIGTH)
6.jpg 
SMO2 - twins  (LEFT & RIGTH)
7.jpg 

ThB Global
8..jpg 

Attached Files
xlsx DATOS.xlsx (468.21 KB, 4 views)

ryinc

Development Team Member
Fascinating. Is there any technique issue given left right usage of hamstring and VL?

I would have this cyclist visuallise pulling up on the left leg (7--1 o clock of pedal stroke) part of the pedal stroke and pushing down with the right leg (1-5 o clock) as data appears that they may have a tendancy to do the opposite?
CraigMahony

Development Team Member
Thanks for sharing
MetaTrainingSST

Development Team Member

Thank you very much for your replies
My opinion is as follows:

There is poor muscle coordination, for which there is a bad job of active muscles. Some muscles such as the Vasto Lateral Left and the hamstring right work more than the other muscles. If you watch ThB, these same muscles have a high demand for blood with oxygen, this high demand causes redirecting blood from other muscles to these muscles ( muscles more "inefficient"). This deviation of blood happens until the last intervals, which is supported by the cardiac limitation of delivery. The demand of these muscles and that of others is insufficient
This is the future we must do with Moxy, a global analysis, my additional opinion, it is necessary to analyze the gluteus but it is difficult to analyze it in the area where it is located (the ass).

I would like to listen to your opinions, I will go up more tests of this style to expand the knowledge of all.

Martí

https://www.instagram.com/metatrainingsst/

ryinc

Development Team Member
Marti, i agree. Their natural pedal stroke seems to be imbalanced in terms of muscle activation. As per above with an exaggerated pull up with the left leg and exaggerated push down with the right leg pedal srroke you can demo to the athlete the how the smo2 trends change.

What is not clear is - is poor pedal technique the cause of poor muscle activation or is poor muscle coordination causing poor pedal stroke.

Im sure you have many more exercises than I in terms of improving this but for example single leg drills might be interesting to play around with. How does cadence affect etc....
MetaTrainingSST

Development Team Member

I agree, there are infinite possibilities and there are many that I simply do not know and all can be totally correct.
I propose lower limb explosive strength work because it is the kind of training that will improve not only those muscles, but all in general. If muscle coordination is a problem, in the end, muscle coordination / muscle activation is directly related to the pedaling technique and depending on how you see it, you could say that it is almost the same (my opinion).
If after 3-4 weeks of explosive strength work is still observed this, then it would be very interesting what you propose. I had not thought about this type of analysis that you said, maybe there is a hip dysmetria, either functional or structural and this can create this decompensation (Thanks for the idea, I'll see if it could be this option).
As I say, I do a relatively short period of time that I work with Moxy (Something over a year) and every day I see that there are more possibilities.

I am also open to any new proposal, idea, etc.
I'm working with Stuart Percival and we really like the new ideas and / or proposals.

If you want to see the work we are doing:

Insta: https://www.instagram.com/metatrainingsst/ 

Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/MetaTrainingSST/ 

Martí

sebo2000

Development Team Member
I love it! This must be the record of Moxy used 😉
I was able to detect muscle leg unbalance due to lower back issues caused by disk (older user most likley not an issue here). VL and Hamstring data looked very similar.

Takura

Development Team Member
Wow.

Have you recorded any pedaling data other than overall power? (balance, pedaling metrics)

What hardware/software did you use to record this? (Or is this downloaded via USB? Or the new Bluetooth version?)
MetaTrainingSST

Development Team Member

I forgot to synchronize the cadence monitor, the next test I'll do it

I use peripedal or download the data of the moxys, but the super software is my personal excel jajajajajajaajajajajajajaja

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net