Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Juerg Feldmann

Fortiori Design LLC

There are still many emerging articles out there, who no recognize, that VO2 max may not be  that great of an idea and for sure not VO2 max per kilogram body weight. What is kg body weight   and who uses Oxygen in a 80 kg heavy person. ? Perhaps we may have to rethink changing this idea into VO2 per lean body mass ??
 Lets' do not get lost here.

The pint is, that many  articles agree, that VO2 = CO ( HR x SV) * ( a-v) O2 diff.
 Based on this the arguing goes on, that CO is the  value, who can be changed but not the A-v difference.
 Well there are many many studies and points who would at least  question this statements.

That's where NIRS and MOXY comes in again and we have many case studies, where we can show, that the ability to increase or decrease the a - v difference has a direct influence on performance but as well on VO2 results. We will over the next  few month and perhaps  even longer show many many cases  as we go along  and hope that many outside results come in to refute or support this   ideas and points.
 Let's start here with some great information

Detection of Hypoxia

at the Cellular Level

Laurie A. Loiacono, MD, FCCPa,b,c,*, David S. Shapiro, MDa,c

They have a great definition of Hypoxia. and the definition itself supports the notion that we  have a
diffe
rent a- v  result depending on  not the O2 per see but the BIOAVAILABILITY

Hypoxia (n.): a deficiency in the bioavailability of oxygen to the tissues of the body

how CAN WE HAVE A DIRECT INSIDE INTO THIS TREND. WELL WITH nirs/ moxy.
 we CAN DIRECTLY FOLLOW INTERVENTIONS LIKE CHANGING RESPIRATORY BEHAVIOR AND THAN CAN SEE, HOW THE CHANGE IN o2 dISS CURVE DUE TO HYPER OR HYPOCAPNIA DIRECTLY SHOWS UP ON THE SCREEN OR ON THE WATCH  AT YOUR WRITS.

The clients ability to understand this will dramatically change how we can train and stimulate the bodies physiological reactions.
 Example:  a UrPAHD assessment may suggest the following physical performance for workouts.

ARI  Active recovery   up to 120 watt   up to 115 HR ,  minimal of 65 SmO2  and below 20 RF
STEI structural endurance intensity   120 - 160 watt   115 - 135 HR   60 +- SmO2   20 - 25 RF
FEI  functional endurance intensity   160 - 210 watt   135 - 150 HR   50 +- SmO2  25 - 30 RF

HI  High intensity                                  210 watt and up   150 HR and up   45  and below SmO2    30 RF and up

Now I can  workout  at STEI watt level of 120 - 160 but I can create a SmO2 situation like I would have in HI of 45 SmO2 and below.
 Meaning I can avoid a hard muscular workout but stress a  metabolic intensity like I only could have  by going very  very hard  and as such overloading the LIMITER including the compensator.
 This way I can train   one specific area but resting another area I do not like to stress on that particular day out of different reasons.
 Same as I can train my respiratory system in a super high intensity  with a VE of 2590 Liter and more without  stressing the cardiac and muscular system .  So many very new  ideas and options to train the whole team or work SPECIFICALLY with one team member and let the other once rest  or active recover.
  Here the next big  thing in sport  despite this here is thought to be in medic in only .
  "

Detection of Hypoxia

at the Cellular Level

Laurie A. Loiacono, MD, FCCPa,b,c,*, David S. Shapiro, MDa,c

What is the Next Best Thing to Detection of Hypoxia at the Cellular Level?

Somewhere between direct detection of hypoxia at the cellular level (ie, biomarkers,

enzyme assays, complex histopathologic analyses) and indices of global hypoperfusion

(ie, lactate, ScVO2, urine output) lies a potentially more practical and economical

method of tissue oxygenation assessment: near-infrared spectroscopy (NIRS).

NIRS is an evolving technology that uses near-infrared light to provide a continuous

assessment of regional, microvascular blood flow and is measured as the quantitative

clinical variable tissue-oxygen saturation (StO2). Biologic tissues are transparent to

light in the near-infrared spectrum, whereas oxyhemoglobin (HbO2) and deoxyhemoglobin

(Hb) have significantly different spectra56 (StO2 5 HbO2/[HbO21 Hb]). This technology

can be used invasively via transcranial or percutaneous catheters, or

noninvasively using cutaneously applied probes.

Using IPAHD as a system and MOXY as a tool is  possible the NEXT big thing .
 Are you ready to think and developped this with us.
 If teh answer is YES start getting involved here with possitive  ideas and critical views on what we did.
 If teh answer is NO  keep reading and take your time. Cheers Juerg

What does it may need.
 Outside the box  review on traditional ideas and adding new ideas nicely as an add on first  and perhaps later as a repleacment ot the toolbox you use.
 True it is hard to accept , that a noninvasive idea is   at least as good as taking blood  but ???????

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net