Author   Comment  
AED

Development Team Member
This is quite strange result for me. tHb is too stable during the assessment as other parameters are almost like expected.
What are your ideas on this case? Is this such a bad leg capilarization and all the blood volume goes to other muscles (sad to have just one moxy this time)? Or there may be possible heart problem where blood volume processed is decreasing with the increase of heart rate?
2018-08-20_132350.png 

CraigMahony

Development Team Member
Sometimes strange things happen. There are often several factors at work at once and they sometimes cancel one another out. There is a slight decrease in the second and third workloads then a slight increase and a leveling out during the remaining workloads. What is important here I believe is to look at the tHb during the recovery periods. After the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th workloads the the recovery tHb drops. This indicates to me that muscular pressure is overcoming blood pressure and reducing outflow during the workload causing blood pooling and that when muscular compression stops the blood pooling is released. However, tHb would normally rise during the workload due to blood pooling.

After the 5th, 6th and 7th workloads the tHb increases during recovery showing blood flow has increased markedly. The 5th is the highest increase then the 6th and finally the 7th. Possibly this represents a Pulmonary Limiter though as CO2 may have built up after workload 5 causing greater dilation to occur thus increasing the tHb response during recovery. Further to that, the tHb declines in the second last and last recoveries. This possibly indicates a Cardiac Limitation at this point as the higher blood flow is unable to be maintained.
bobbyjobling

Development Team Member
I will assume that you have discounted the position of the leg during the rest period effecting blood flow.

It could be blood pressure control during the 2nd, 3rd & 4th rest period, maybe due to a slow blood flow redistribution for the exercise event.
If this was true, then repeating the assessment soon after the HR & respiratory frequency have settled down from the final load maybe we could see a different thb response during the rest periods as the body blood redistribution is different from your first assessment.

I agree with Craig that it could be cardiac "limitation" . 
MetaTrainingSST

Development Team Member
This event is something that I have seen multiple times, if you could observe other muscles at the same time (3 moxys), you could see that this is due to the redirection of the blood flow. Did you measure the VL or RF ?. If you compare with other muscles you can see that it is synchronized and very clear. There is no pulmonary limitation because otherwise there would be a significant decrease in SMO2MaxRest. It is true that there is a slight accumulation of CO2 but it is because of the decrease in the arrival of blood, that is why the decrease in SMO2MaxRest is small. I believe there is a cardiac limitation. It also coincides with the exponential increase in HR, until interval 4 the heart is able to increase the stroke volume and from the 5th interval it increases the HR exponentially when reaching the maximum plasticity / expansion of the heart. It uses the increase of the HR to satisfy the demand.

Martí
Metatraining Sport Science & Technology
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net