Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
ghaelewyn

Development Team Member
This morning I noticed that my SmO2 increased when I was riding on the drops compared to riding on the hoods, hmmmmm....
I will keep on eye on this during the next days and would like to know what could be the reason for this.
CraigMahony

Development Team Member
Where was the Moxy placed?
ghaelewyn

Development Team Member
On my right thigh
sebo2000

Development Team Member
My observations, I'm risking being laugh at my theiry, but here is what I see:

At low loads about 50-70% of FTP on the road bike hands on the bars, when I'm seating in most possible upright position vs. TT bike or road bike super low aero in the dropps. my Smo2 will slightly increase on both VL and deltoid.

What was the load you were riding at, I'm suspecting it was lower load.

I think it is due to torso position change, and how cardiovascular system pushes blood in different positions, it is easier to push blood when you are flat aero (gravity), at higher loads my position interfere with breathing and smo2 will drop rapidly more.

I can reproduce similar behavior off the bike:

standing up vs. yoga squat but with hands around your knees.

ghaelewyn

Development Team Member
Yes, I was riding at 70% or 80% of my FTP.

It makes sense that cardiovascular system pushes more or less blood at different positions.

This is interesting. It could make a difference in a race.
sebo2000

Development Team Member
Huge difference, during Road Races/Criteriums data from leg does not show much, as in many cases it is full gas then rest, full gas then rest. But data from deltoid is very interesting. 
During longer Tri events where you go at much lower intensity, you could observe data from VL.

This year I did all my road race, crit, and 40TT pacing based only on Moxy, I didn't blow up once, and each time I think I was on the edge of my physical abilities.

ryinc

Development Team Member
The forum has a few threads that touched on the topic - this one of takura had some great data collection

http://forum.moxymonitor.com/post/comparison-of-different-riding-positions-at-ftp-8395646?pid=1294672706
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net