Author   Comment  
CraigMahony

Development Team Member
While reading the posts on this forum I generally seem to be able to follow what is being said. However, after doing a second 5-1-5 assessment I obviously do not know enough as my assessment looks fairly normal to me, ie the THB is in a U shape, it rises to or past resting levels during the rest, the Smo2 seems to follow a standard pattern except for the signal drop outs in 3a, 4a and 5a. I am unable to determine what limiters may be present, other than perhaps strength as the wattage is low. I possibly should have gone to one more level. So if anyone could help me out I would appreciate it. I am hoping to learn to do this myself as I want to do an assessment on a runner I coach, but I do not seem to know enough yet.
Craig19-02-2016.jpg  csv CraigPeripedal20160219.csv     

thigger

Development Team Member
Just looking at the graph on my phone it seems to be a delivery limitation in the later stages - perhaps stroke volume as the heart rate rise is relatively small over the last 3 stages.
CraigMahony

Development Team Member
Thanks thigger. I perhaps should have mentioned that the steps were 80W, 110W, 140W, 160W, 180W and 200W. So the last 3 steps were actually smaller than the first 3. This would explain why the HR did not increase as much.
juergfeldmann

Development Team Member
Will be bakc  just   too far behind.
 Short  add on.
 HR is a  part of  CO   as we often discuss  so a  smaller  or  limited increase in HR  doe snot reflect   often any indication for SV. In  fact  we  could argue  that a   very  strong increase in HR  could be  due  to  no  increase in SV  to still increase CO  ro  even as we showed a  drop in SV.
 So  we often see  when  HR is nto  increasing a lot   that SV is  still increasing.
 The other part is, that if we  have  local  O2  utilization limitation we often see no increase in HR. Easy to show in runners  doing an arm erg  test , where they do not get HR  up at  all  and  shw3on in Del Montes  1968  VO2  max  discussion    form the runner  and kayak we  showed  many times.
. I have the  testing taken apart   but need some time  to show it on here.
 Will try to combine  with Boobys  behind  feedback on  Part 1  zoning  part  2    more feedback and part three  physiological  assessment . Look  always  as well the rest period  tHb  and SmO2  reaction.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net