Author   Comment   Page 4 of 4      Prev   1   2   3   4
juergfeldmann

Development Team Member
Booby  thnaks  for your  feedback on  blood vessels reaction. We  had  along discussion on his  with Danielle  and Ruud on the  U  shape  of tHb and the different  reactions of  arterioles  and veins  for people interested in reviewing this section.

Rync .
  Stuart while i agree that co-ordination issue is the most likely, i would still do a few experiments to rule out the other possibilities (i.e. a huge delivery relative to utilisation ability or a respiratory problem to unload 02). They are easy enough, dont even think you need to do a full 5-1-5 to comfirm your hypothesis, so i see no need to make too many assumptions too early. 

Keep us updated please!

Agree  but a usual  a question :

ability or a respiratory problem to unload 02)

what respiratory problem under load  may  cause an   unloading problem of  O2 ,  so a shift of  the O2 diss curve  to the left ?

juergfeldmann

Development Team Member
SmO2 will drop in this case.  yes

think I get it, just need confirmation  Yes  

I guess it depends what situation?  Yes  to the rest of this answer

We do not have to worry about muscle compression. yessss

I do not know, I guess until the moment when we have a lot of CO2 that would cause Vasoconstriction

Common you know, there is no  way you give that one up  think again  and you get the answer.

of CO2 that would cause Vasoconstriction

CO2  is in he  circulatory  system normally a very potent vasodilatator.

Now   who  really  tries to maintain BP  
 It is somewhat  more complex  , but cardiac output  to make it  simple  for the moment is  responsible for BP. So  if the  blood vessels system in the muscle  open  up   all at the same time ( upper and lower body )  the CO   may be not   strong enough to maintain BP  so we will have a protective  vasoconstriction.  Now  this vasoconstriction will show  up s a  drop in tHb  despite an increase we may see in  HR. HR increase  can    mean  an increase in  CO  but not  always . As  CO =  HR  x SV. So  a  very steep increase in HR but a  drop in thb  can  often indicate  a  lower SV  and  as  such  even a lower CO  . Will show  some   physio  flow  pictures  in the evening on that one.

On Non priority muscles we could see tHb go down and Smo2 go down…?  yes

If respiratory would be problem we would see tHb up (due to high CO2 and Vasodilation) and SmO2 go down
Yes  if we  have a problem to   achieve  the needed VE . example you need  to blow  VE of  120 l/min but you really only can blow  100 l / min  than  you   will  collect too much  CO2  as you ca no get rid  of  it. So now  you are hypercapnic , too high  CO2. This will   on the one  side  try to   stimulate your respiration and you may go up  with RF  but  drop TV  so it will get  worse. You will  see a  drop in SpO  and move towards  hypoxia 
 Now the CO2  will shift  the  O2  disscurve  to the  right , as you have a problem to  get O2 in as well. In the short term the shift  to the  right makes  sense , as you can  now  easier   unload  O2   from the blood to the  cell, but on the other side you speed up disaster  as you have as well  a problem to  load  O2  from lungs to  blood  ( SpO2  drop as  easy   proof )due to  the O2  shift  to the right.

If cardiac is limiting we would see tHb down or flat and Smo2 posibly flat or slightly up?
Yes

O2 up causes curve to shift right and increase O2 since those are non-priority muscle we will see SmO2 increase. and I guess tHb increase?? 

Yes 

and you do no have a broken  picture  you are    warmest invited  to be a part of the  kitchen  as a unique  chef . Congratulation and welcome.

Stuart percival

Development Team Member

what respiratory problem under load  may  cause an   unloading problem of  O2 ,  so a shift of  the O2 diss curve  to the left ?

Normally Low C02 levels (hypocapnia) cause respiratory alkalosis and left shift in 02 curve- seen with hyperventilation - Can you help with metabolic cause of this ?
juergfeldmann

Development Team Member
 Can you help with metabolic cause of this ?

Need more  help n hat you mean with this  question.
In  sport  or any  current training  systems the likelihood,  that we  will have a  hypocapnia is very rare with  exceptions  that it is planned.  The  hypocapnia  is a  perfect  example of a hyper ventilation  so  we breath much more  than  actually is needed so  we reduce  the needed  minimal pCO2. So in sports  , where we see the athletes  going  over the finish line and tuna collapse  and bretah very heavy  hey do no hyperventilate  at all they   actually  are hypoventilation and hope desperately  to get  close  to  normoventilation  . They  due  hyper pnoe  they breath super fast  but sometimes not  deep  enough , so  they have much longer  to get rid  of  the increased  CO2.
  Once  CO2 is balanced  than  they  slow  down  or    breath deeper  if the respiration  system  allows  them  to do this.
 This leads to the  funny  idea , that when somebody is breathing hard  we  suppose to   put a bag over their head.
 If  they  hyperventilate  does  that makes sense.  or  what if  they do not hyperventilate  but   are   in a hyperpnoe ?  Now  NIRS  in combination  whit some classical  tools  can show  great the  reaction. 
 You can use NIRS  alone    but than you   still have some  small open  questions  to  understand  what may  happen.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net