Author   Comment  
juergfeldmann

Development Team Member
Please come on here  after you had  some questions to Rachels  case.
Rachel

Development Team Member
If you are waiting for my ok, then yes absolutely.  Thanks Juerg.
DanieleM

Development Team Member
Probably there are other details of this test in some other post...anyway which muscle was used for this test? 
Looking at the graph it seems like a not involved one.

Regarding these points:
a( problem to release O2  from Hb.
b) a  relative  small mitochondria density  so the  great deliver  or O2  can be used  even in hard loads as  much more O2 is delivered  than can be  turned over into  energy  due to the limited mitochondria density.

If the muscle is highly involved it has to consume oxygen to produce energy and the higher the energy produced the higher will be the oxygen consumption. If there are problems either to a or b, it means a limitation on oxygen consumption and therefore performance.
In this case a 90% SmO2 during the last steps would mean a very limited oxygen utilization which takes back to the point of low involvement.
juergfeldmann

Development Team Member
some additional thoughts  to Danieles  point and my  one

a( problem to release O2  from Hb

That would mean a  low pCO2  CO2  shift to the  left. Any thing is possible  but  this is most likely  not often the case. In fact at  or towards higher intensity we would expect a  rather accumulation of H plus as well as  of CO2   higher , so  more liley a  shift of  O2  diss to the right which would make sense   as we  may have problem t deliver  and this is a compensation  to help to survive  somewhat longer  but as  so often compensator  activity  indicates  the start of a  time   limitation in many cases.

So we will look  closer at the last  steps  to see whether we have a  local limitation or whether it is a systemic limitation. * Lag time  observation

b( b) a  relative  small mitochondria density  so the  great deliver  or O2  can  NOT be used  even in hard loads as  much more O2 is delivered  than can be  turned over into  energy  due to the limited mitochondria density

there is a  word missing see NOT my mistake

In this case a 90% SmO2 during the last steps would mean a very limited oxygen utilization which takes back to the point of low involvement.

Yes  absolutely think the same way so
a) repeat  some steps
b( attach on a hip extensor
Rachel

Development Team Member
Thanks Juerg.  I have been busy and haven't had a chance to get back here.  I printed out your info and will go through it and see what I can understand from it and come back.
juergfeldmann

Development Team Member
Rachel   no worry  and thanks  for the feedback . I am looking forward  and see,whether e we can clarify  and go some steps  forward in our great  data discussion.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net