Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
bobbyjobling

Development Team Member
The suspense is unbearable [smile]
ryinc

Development Team Member
Quote:
I had the same doubts as Juerg, and the longer I think about this case, the more feeling I have Rayn was "sandbagging" in that race [wink] (riding with his less fit teammate [smile] I will not call it sandbagging, I will call team support. [smile]

Title is nicely misleading and made me really think hard, If title would be:

What part shows training improvement after 5 days training... it would be too easy [smile]

Sebo, i also thought about this and yes i do think that if i had raced harder the picture might have looked different. Having said that:
 - I did feel quite a bit more tired doing the second workout, and especially the higher intensities felt much harder. In the first workout i could have possibly done a reasonable portion of another load at the last intensity, but would not have got very far in the second workout trying to do another load.
 - Although quite similar, i do think there are a couple of tell-tale differences between the workouts
 - As mentioned by Daniele, it would have been interesting to have a second Moxy showing the picture on the primary muscle here, that might have been more revealing.

Quote:
 The suspense is unbearable [smile]

Haha - we will qive Juerg one or two more days to participate in the puzzle, otherwise I will reveal and we can tease Juerg that he only came back after the answer was known [wink]

juergfeldmann

Development Team Member
haha  I love the  challenge. Will be back for  sure, just had   another operation  as my  sport hernia  fell apart a few days ago  and I had  an emergency ops  to  get  a  new  mesh put in so  was  somewhat behind  with the office  and  the animals  and garden  and on here  so  slowly settle back in a  routine  and   hope to get  back   on this . Cheers 
ryinc

Development Team Member
Sorry to hear that Juerg, heal well.
juergfeldmann

Development Team Member
Thanks  ryinc minor problem as I get lots  fixed after many years of  stupid  sport ideas  smile.
 It is  just mechanical  so  hope the brain was not too much impacted from the  ops.
bobbyjobling

Development Team Member
Get well soon Juerg [smile]
juergfeldmann

Development Team Member
Thanks Booby  I am already well just  slow  and can't  smile too hard  due  to the abdominal cut. So fun to  do  respiration workouts  and   it is  great to see, how hard  you can  or  ca not   breath if  you can not  breath out hard  or even if  you use  your  diaphragm  and relax  abdominal  you get a certain stretch in. So will do a cycling workout  today  and see,  how  VO2  reaction TV  and RF  react  due to the  respiratory pain restriction and how  SV  and  EF %  react  due to lack of  diaphragm  pump effect.
sebo2000

Development Team Member
Juerg get well soon and take it easy, as you always say: train slow to be fast [wink]

I have a feeling we all slowly feel the sun, and sun's out guns out. But can't compare our Canadian sun to Ryan's sun [smile] Picture looks amazing!
ryinc

Development Team Member
Ok the big reveal (sorry juerg)...... Workout A was the fatigued workout. Note, heart rate does not recover as well after secondcstep of same load. Also i think a bigger dissociation curve shift in the last load. (I could really feel respiratory system had to work hard in last load of second workout)..

Overall i expected to see bigger differences. It could be as Sebastian, says, that systems were not pushed that hard over the 4 days

Well done to all the moxy jedis that got it right!
CBSquared

Development Team Member
Great post [smile]

If this was my data- for smO2 and thb - both cases B I would be showing fatigue...
When I'm fatigued my smO2 reads higher and won't operate in the typical lower numbers when I'm fresher - also my thb does not respond as it does when fresher...
Heart rate though - hmmm

But I guess not everyone's physiology reacts the same.

So maybe the more important thing is to see the trends on how you react when you are fresh vs. when you are fatigued.

But I may agree with some of the others - maybe your not as fatigued as you think you were.  You may need to do multiple hard days in a row then repeat the test [smile]
Also if you can do that many steps in your 5-1-5 test (especially if your fatigued!) - maybe your ftp value is set too low
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net