Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
MetaTrainingSST

Development Team Member

We all know that with the 5-1-5 test we can see performance limitations, but I would like to know your opinion on the following question

- We perform a 515 test on a bicycle, we find the performance limits. Will these performance limitations be the same for running?
Before someone says it, if it's a muscle coordination limitation or technique, it will be different.
I mean that if an athlete has a limitation in the oxidative capacity of the muscle, that is, it has a small amount of mitochondria, mitochondrial enzymes, an underdeveloped aerobic energy system. This will be as much for cycling as for running not?
¿Which are your opinions?

Martí

Metatraining Sport Science & Technology

Roger

If the other sport uses a significantly different mass of muscle, the limiter could change.  A cross country skier using both arms and both legs might be delivery limited while skiing, but become utilization limited while biking using mainly the legs.

CraigMahony

Development Team Member
Yes I have used moxy on runners and it works well. The main thing I found that was different was that when running slowly in the early stages, the longer ground contact times sometimes caused greater muscle compression leading to a reduced venous and possibly arterial flow. This affected HHb and SmO2 levels. 
MetaTrainingSST

Development Team Member

Thank you very much Roger & CraigMahony

CraigMahony, I understand

In reference to the general conclusions, (only between a test in runners and a test in cyclists), the performance limitations are practically similar? Have you checked it?

Martí,

Metatraining Sport Science & Technology

bobbyjobling

Development Team Member
This article might be of interest https://www.outsideonline.com/2301366/training-makes-runners-more-efficient-not-cyclists

But not sure if limiter is interchangeable.
Takura

Development Team Member
Before comparing even with a different sport like running: how “valid” is the limiter observed in a cycling 5-1-5 for different cycling disciplines from track sprints to stage races? Wouldn’t the differences yield different limiters even within cycling?
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net