Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
CraigMahony

Development Team Member
In various posts in the forum it is mentioned that PCr recovery follows the SmO2 recovery. It is also mentioned somewhere, and in one of the 2017 Summit lectures, that PCr can decouple from SmO2. Is anyone able to inform me of under what circumstances PCr recovery decouples from SmO2?
Davis

Development Team Member
Manly in HIT type activities, Sprinting and Maximal strength. Mostly because of the FT fibers being poor when it comes to oxidation. 
CoachJG

Development Team Member
I thought you guys might be interested in this data that I collected with a sprinter. I didn't necessarily use the Moxy to manage our training load and recovery. Instead, I just wanted to see what occurred with the training we had planned. 

Here's some info on the athlete: He's a red shirted 100m/200m sprinter, so due to eligibility reasons he could not compete, so he is NOT currently in season. 19 years old. I would consider him a developmental athlete and not necessarily a seasoned one.

FYI, use the Moxy to see what type of contraction we were producing.

1) The first set of graphs/data shows Moxy on left and right VL muscle during 20m fly sprints w ith a 20m build up. 

Screenshot (63).png  Screenshot (64).png 

2) The second set of data is during four sets of 3-4 reps of box squats. Our goal here was maximal strength. Here I was more so looking at THb to see what type of contraction we were getting.

Screenshot (65).png  Screenshot (66).png 

Attached Files
csv DaviesJ Flying20m RVL 021618.csv (40.50 KB, 0 views)
csv DaviesJ Flying20m LVL 021618.csv (40.53 KB, 0 views)
csv DaviesJ Box Squat RVL 021618.csv (27.47 KB, 0 views)
csv DaviesJ BoxSquat LVL 021618.csv (27.57 KB, 0 views)

CraigMahony

Development Team Member
Yes CoachJG, I have similar data. That is why I was trying to determine if it reflected the PCr recovery so I would know if there was much value in using it for maximal velocity type work. Currently I just use it for tempo work. One thing it did help with was that I found that a particular athlete needed to walk more after a rep as blood pooling was occurring.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net