Author   Comment  
CraigMahony

Development Team Member
Has anybody tried or know how to pair the moxy with the garmin 620? I have tried using both the heart rate monitor channel and the speed/cadence channel. The 620 is a run specific watch so it does not have speed/cadence, however, when I try and pair using heart rate the watch cannot find the moxy monitor.

As my coaching occurs at an athletic track (mainly) and not in a lab or gym studio, we cannot have a laptop nearby and use peripedal. So to use moxy "live" we need some other method.
juergfeldmann

Development Team Member
I need  Rogers help  for this technical  questions.
In  the field  or practical use  like on an ice hockey  field  or  track  and  field 400 m track we use  laptops  and peripedal  . If   we go out  for  example in the snow  I use  a Hip street W7 small cell phone size  tablet  where I can have  nice  big feedback  for one or  2 athletes or  two muscles  it I supper small and I use it  sometimes on a bike  with clients  as it is   easy to mount on the handle bar.
 In skiing on athletes I use the cheapest  Garmin  FR 70 so I have HR  and tHb  and SmO2 on it. In interval in the snow  I use  the same  watch  and use  HR only  after  I   decided the top and bottom SmO2  levels . so I have an alarm , when I  reach the athletes  bottom SmO2  and   the top SmO2   to  go again.  There  are  as well some longer  range option to cover a  full 400 m speed skate track but Roger  can tell more about Wasp or the Spanish  product  who  can as well track   MOXY including video.(WIMU). There may be  some new  options now  as well  with Cosmed   to combine  with   in the field  VO2  testing  but  did not tried this  yet.
Andri  or Roger  may have more feedbacks on this.
Hope this  helps
CraigMahony

Development Team Member
Juerg, how do you use peripedal at a 400m track as ant+ does not broadcast very far?
Jiri Dostal

Development Team Member
You are rigt. It was misunderstanding. You either need Wasp or Wimu to get it broadcasted to 200-400m. Then Peripedal does not work and you need to work on saved data or use propritary Wimu SW. I use Wasp, as it is much cheaper and easier to set up. I also use Wasp to sync data from more Moxy and other sensors as well. The downside is that you do not have clear online data, and you need to work with excel to get it visible for analysis.
Jiri
Roger

Sorry, I'm slow to respond on this.

Moxy should work with the 620 when the Moxy is set to HR mode.  Just a few notes though.  You won't be able to use a HR strap at the same time.  You will only get SmO2 data and not THb data.  The Moxy adds 100 to the SmO2 value so numbers less than about 30 get through the filter on the watch.  So 50% SmO2 shows up as 150 bpm.

When the Moxy is setup properly for this, the Moxy PC apps should look like the screen below.  The ANT+ profile needs to be set the Heart Rate.

Then pair your Moxy to your 620 just like it was a HR strap.

If this still doesn't work, check the values in the smaller red circle.  The serial number and device id should match the number on the top of your sensor and the Model number should be 3.  If these aren't right, I will need to send you an instruction on how to fix this.

HR Setting.jpg 

CraigMahony

Development Team Member
Thanks Roger. We did pair it yesterday for the first time but the figures made no sense. Did not know about the addition of 100. Should be good to go now. 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net