Author   Comment  
MTF Carter

Development Team Member
Screen Shot 2015-07-02 at 4.16.59 PM.png  Screen Shot 2015-07-02 at 4.17.10 PM.png    
MTF Carter

Development Team Member
Starting to collect pilot data for the RO1. here is a healthy control doing single leg plantar flection graded exercise.

disregard the first trial as it is a 40 % max grip and shows no real change in smo2 or thb.

trial 2 is (R) leg plantar flection
trial 3 is (L) leg plantar flection

all PAD subjects will do this graded protocol before and after vascular intervention.

the data are normal for this healthy control... nothing to hard.. however during trial 2 (in the non-involved left leg) you can see an increase in SmO2 but a decrease in THb.. how can this be? is deoxy Hb simply being outplaced by oxy Hb due to increased Popliteal blood flow to the leg? 

Carter

ps. Roger let me know if your going to MARC ACSM this year and if you are interested in building the MRI compatible MOXY you might have a customer here! [smile]

Attached Files
pdf 9-29-15_RM_(HC)_MOXY.pdf (469.88 KB, 21 views)

juergfeldmann

Development Team Member
Carter , great  direction you go.
 I am not sure  and have  as well to  talk  with Roger  on this.
 MOXY  is NOT a medical  device  so I am not sure, whether I like to  go on a public  forum  about  ideas we  use in this field  to avoid  some problems.
 We sue MOXY  as a sport   equipment  and sport  activity feedback  really  and  for use in your field  I think   hospitals  or universities  have to make a decision  on this.
 It is less a  question of  how  MOXY  works  and his accuracy  as more a paper  world out there  for   different reasons  I not even  know  all of them.
So  I may contact you  private  to  have some discussions. I hope  you understand  this  it is not  a refusal on what you  do  and can do  as  more a  principle  question on   how  certain ideas seem to work.
MTF Carter

Development Team Member
Juerg, NIRS isn't our main outcome measurement in the study just one piece of the puzzle. we are hoping to use it in conjunction with MRI, Doppler, Echo, and TDI. so far it has been approved by the IRB and seems to be working great. totally understand your concern so feel free to contact me by email: jcarterluck@yahoo.com as I will be out of the lab the rest of the week. 

Carter
juergfeldmann

Development Team Member
Carter  great  will  put  some ideas together and mail you as it may help in  some ideas of how  to  treat  some of the concerns. One  of he  options I use is  to  give it o  patients as they work out in my facility  and they can see, when  the intensity is  too hard  on a common  day  and we try different vasodilatation manipulations  as well and immediately see  what is going on  and whether  theory  and practical application line up. Will sent you some ideas we use..
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net