Author   Comment  
juergfeldmann

Development Team Member
ikely

Nice to see this  section. Duncan Clark is one   of the first practical coach  who w already  far before  MOXY  and NIRS discussion  was running a  lab with Physio flow and Portamon , VO2  cosmed  and much more . He was   the first who did  on the field  rollerski assessment  with  integration of all the  above equipment  So it is nice to see him pushing as usual.
 What I am  surprised   or perhaps snot is  the underlying EGO  tone on software   development. I am sure Mark  did  and used  Portamon software  other wise  he  would not  give a comment  like that.  so it may be true.

The  Portamon software is incredible  in depth and the best  NIRS software out  there for  general users  as it can be. You have any option  of overlap  and three penetration depth  and biased  options  and  much more.
 So the fact that Mark tells us it is not  a good software  and I take his word on this   indicates a  treat  ahead of us soon with the  option Golden cheetah  will offer  when we use Portamon  for interpretation. This will be a great step forward for practical users.
Nice as well that we have  many  datas waiting  for   assessment  from Nathan  so we  can compare our  years of  work  with unlimited  feedbacks  to accepted people  and institutions.
 See may remember the feedback  from Nathan  on anaerobe  and that there is unlikely  an anaerobe and separate  anaerobe  section but more likely a mixed  nonstop  survival on keeping ATP levels in the needed range.

You know how  fun that is  after all this years  to  actually see  movement in this interesting direction

Go  visit  this great   group  of golden cheetah as it is absolutely amazing what they do as a team approach.

NIRS data other than Moxy
4 posts by 3 authors
[image]
Previous  
Page 1
  Next

[image]
duncan
[image]
31 May

Hi,

I have some NIRS data from an Artinis PortaMon in CSV format, is it possible to combine it with a ride file?

Thanks,
Duncan

[image]
Mark Liversedge
[image]
31 May

Cool !

Send me a file and I'll add support for the format; liversedge gmail com

Mark
- show quoted text -

[image]
Nathan Townsend
[image]
5 Jun

On Tuesday, 31 May 2016 23:46:54 UTC+3, Mark Liversedge wrote:
Cool !

Send me a file and I'll add support for the format; liversedge gmail com

Mark

Nice one!!  I've got about 1000 of those files that are waiting to be analysed haha.  Both muscle and cerebral NIRS. 

[image]
Mark Liversedge
[image]
5 Jun

Can you send me a selection, I have one file from Duncan but I need to see more, since the format is 30 lines of text headers and fields then a very generic set of csv with columns 1,2,3,4 ...

.. the format was clearly not designed by a software engineer !!

Mark
dclarke

Development Team Member
Hi Juerg,

Yes, this would be great news if they could figure out how to bring in the data! I was happily surprised at Mark's immediate offer to try it! I thought it would be too small for them to consider.

I know nothing about coding but I think his comment was referring to all the information in the text file for the Portamon set up before the raw data from the recording.

I haven't looked at Perf Pro but Golden Cheetah is an excellent tool for post ride analysis. Since it's open access they can be 'brand neutral' which is great if you want to use equipment from various manufacturers in one test session[smile]

Of course it looks very easy to add the Moxy data to a ride file as well.

Cheers,
Duncan
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net