Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 3      Prev   1   2   3
AED

Development Team Member
Sebo, could you please post photo of Moxy on your deltoid? I still have problems with light coming through the jersey, but if I cover it with an amount of plaster then it gets uncomfortable...
sebo2000

Development Team Member
AED here is how I have Moxy attached, I wear tight SS on top, it is super solid, never had problem with it.

IMG_0888.jpg 

Takura

Development Team Member
> Right now I can take my SmO2 down to 10% and recover much easier then last year from 40-50% with way more comfort. in my case It has not much to do with Stroke Volume, but CO2 tolerance.

Sebo, may I ask what you did to improve CO2 tolerance?
sebo2000

Development Team Member
Hi Takura,

I used info from the page below to increase my CO2 tolerance:

https://freediveuk.com/how-to-hold-your-breath-for-5-minutes-in-1month-freediving-training/

In the nutshell, I didn't increase Vo2 max or my lung capacity, only CO2 tolerance. Urge to breath is "programmed" in us at very safe level and we have that urge well below actual O2 levels get low. 

Takura

Development Team Member
Hi Sebo, thanks for the reply, makes sense. Especially as I was coincidentally just reading Patrick McKeown’s The Oxygen Advantage.

(Had a stupid incident a while back where I almost choked and panicked ... wasn’t a good breather before but it seems that incident has left its trace and I now tend to overbreath - which ironically causes me to run out and gasp for air after hard efforts more than I remember doing in the past, so I seriously need to find a way to correct my breathing habits.)

Wondering whether you might have used the Moxy during those exercises - in order to measure progress or to avoid overdoing it?

sebo2000

Development Team Member
I have used moxy and finger oximeter during those exercises to monitor progress and due to curiosity. 
Initially at the very begging I was unable to change value on oximeter before extreme urge to breathe, I was at 98% and just had to take a breath.
After some time when I first time dropped below 85% I was absolutely scared, I felt super comfortable and did not understand why it is so low.

I'm sure everyone is different, after experimenting a lot I determined for me it is more important to concentrate on proper exhaling, than fast breathing. Fast breathing was actually making it worst, again everyone is different, so this is just my personal experience. That book looks interesting, I will try to buy it.
Overall CO2 tolerance is something you can very quickly improve with relativity little time.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net