Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
bjrmd

Development Team Member
Quote:
Hence best place to attach moxy on is not engaged muscle, working muscle will not show much in those efforts, it will show you are working super hard, but are you already affecting  your body at systemic level or not?

I'm glad you are having success with this approach.  As some of my anecdotal data shows, the deltoid and costal track pretty closely.  I think I even used some of your data (thanks).

However for our friend XCSkier, the deltoid is heavily used especially in poling and its relatively small size may be hard for sensor placement.  His RF data does have 70% to 0 dynamic range, is easy to place sensor there and does seem to correlate with lactate levels, which was why I suggested it as something to consider.
I still would like to see a costal tracing (but that's not going to happen easily for technical reasons).

The sport of cross country skiing is interesting (to me at least) in that it demands the intense usage of so many body parts and at varying times.
Therefore,  looking at muscle O2 at a site reflective of total body balance would certainly be helpful.
sebo2000

Development Team Member
Your article shows exactly what  I was trying to say about Deltoid\Moxy in cycling.

One speculative note from my side on low SmO2 on deltoid (I will confirm the same as I test few athletes at the moment and they do work on their CO2 tolerance increase, we need another 2-3 months to get some kind of valid data)
  • Stratification of athletes into low/high stroke volume classes.
I agree SV has influence on how Deltoid denaturation works, no questino about it, but low Smo2 might also be due to...:

my last year (data you have used) SmO2 drop on deltoid to 50-45% during road racing was almost equal with total "death by suffocation😉" and what I was referring to as: breath shortness.

From time perspective and measures I took to eliminate that limiter, I'm quite positive this was my body low CO2 tolerance. Right now I can take my SmO2 down to 10% and recover much easier then last year from 40-50% with way more comfort. in my case It has not much to do with Stroke Volume, but CO2 tolerance.

I agree about CX ski or any other sports, I was referring to non involved muscle, deltoid is not the one in CX ski.
Another interesting muscle to test Moxy on is sternocleaidomastoideus.

bjrmd

Development Team Member
From time perspective and measures I took to eliminate that limiter, I'm quite positive this was my body low CO2 tolerance. Right now I can take my SmO2 down to 10% and recover much easier then last year from 40-50% with way more comfort. in my case It has not much to do with Stroke Volume, but CO2 tolerance

Perhaps another way of interpreting the lower deltoid O2 is that you have substantially improved your leg VO2 max (the total O2 consumption of your leg muscles).
So if your SV is pretty much the same, and leg consumption rises, other areas need to pay the price.
Of course it is probably much more complicated than that.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net