Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
Juerg Feldmann

Fortiori Design LLC
This is so great and shows to  readers what can be done plus what we not even think on  can be done.
 Here a question to the  once Marcel posted.
 TSI on the portamon.
 Is it actually TSI % or is it Hb Diff.
 and purple would be  tHb in that case ?
 If we use  colors  we have to try to stick to  the same colors all who use this equipment.
 Green for SmO2  or TSI, yellow for tHb  red for O2Hb  blue for HHb and purple for Hb diff. So the question here is:.
 Purple  is it tHb as it looks super stable  meaning  never really a O2 delivery problem.
 Than green looks like it could be TSI % as tHb is stable so TSI % and Hb diff would go very similar but for sure SmO2 and HHb diff would go similar.
 So simple question   is green TSI %  and  if yes how  did you moved it  so that it is  in the picture ? Will be back with many more questions  as this is really fun to get going and we all can learn. So  any question is a good question. Thanks Cater.
 So next up would be manipulating RF  in the RPM workout  for example  10 min as you did but you breath super fast  for 5 min and super slow for the remaining 5 min by the same RPM and wee can see how much RPM   and how much RF may influence O2  situation . Whether they accumulate or not the  O2 situation in one or the other direction.
Juerg Feldmann

Fortiori Design LLC
Here an overlap from  Carters 2 MOXY tests.
 I overlapped so we can compare the tHb ( purple in both cases and look how incredible the overlap is from 2 different workouts.

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: overlap_RPM_carter.jpg, Views: 20, Size: 111.01 KB 

MTF Carter

Development Team Member
Hey, I was in the same gear for the entire step. but if you look at the VO2 info my breathing changes and RF drops.  When my breathing slows the tsi drops.
Juerg Feldmann

Fortiori Design LLC
Carter,  thanks.  we see that very often, that if you breath slower Hb diff drops , O2Hb drops often with it and SmO2 drops and TSI % drops, as all of them are indication of releasing oxygen if that is still possible.
 Why does it drop by the same  load. The slower  respiration will add up more CO2 in the systems and as such will shift the O2 Diss curve to the right side allowing  the Hb to release easier O2. This simple   example of slower respiration  and increasing CO2  shows you , how  respiration has a direct influence on  the second part of the  so famous . VO2 max = CO ( HR x SV) x (a- v) O2 difference.  The second part is what moxy gives us as an immediate information.
 The change not just in  actual frequency but as well as location. Nose or mouth  respiration can have in slower intensities but for sure   for RMR a huge influence on RQ ( RER)  The same no matter how expensive VO2 e equipment will give you very different end result when you once test with a mouth piece and once  with a face  mask.
 So much to calibration and scientific accuracy, when we look the physiological impact we can have by respiratory manipulation.

Carter if the green is TSI % how did you moved it on the Portamon so it is together with O2Hb and HHb  and tHb.
 Because " normally " , what ever  normal means when  I use TSI % % on the screen I have  this problem with TSI % in the 60 +_ range but  HHb or O2Hb can be in the negative relative numbers so you never have it all that nice on one screen. ?
 Thanks for the help.
MTF Carter

Development Team Member
Sorry about that, the green line on Portamon is Hb Diff not TSI%. I will Get the info from the 5min slow RF and 5 min fast RF up here in the next few days if we get a break here at MTF!! haha

Thanks so much for all the help. And for all the others on MOXY, keep posting and asking questions because it help so much to key in on areas that we haven't looked at!

Carter 
Juerg Feldmann

Fortiori Design LLC
Carter thanks for the feedback, as  in case Green would have been TSI %   I would have to go back and reassess many ideas and thoughts we have, which by the way has to happen anyway, but it would have open  many new questions  I thought we had some decent answer as  for now. So wowww makes me feel better that  green is Hb diff and it fits in what we see since   hundreds of tests. BUT there is always suddenly one showing up , which changes the trend and it is than fun to see, where we go  wrong in the  idea, that  something may be absolute, when it is always individual..
. I will get back to some  more info on your great contribution as we go along and thanks so much for the great feedback.
imginit

Development Team Member
Why do you think the smO2 was higher in the 50rpm than higher cadences?  

Juerg Feldmann

Fortiori Design LLC
Hmmm    I  do not see    in all people  that in a  lower RPM  50  the SmO2 is always higher, I have all different results   so    the answer may be, that we have to look what other factores  are   integrated in this results.
 Here some options:
 Muscle  contraction pressure  is different.
 Respiration  patten   is different,  muscle recruitment  may be different  and so on.  Answer:
 I do not know  an answer based just on  this questions  but we  can go back and look what other points  change when somebody bikes  50   versus 100 RPM  at the same wattage  without  trying to manipulate anything.
 Bad  answer  for a great question.  Now   most often  when we have this questions we have some own ideas ???
 What are your   ideas and thoughts ??
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net