Author   Comment   Page 3 of 3      Prev   1   2   3
juergfeldmann

Development Team Member
Thanks  for the    repeat  of  questions, as this  "stickiness" is  not just  sticky  but  even the top  guys  in exercise physiology   and  people working a lot  with  ideas like this  have to  think  twice  and I  my self  catch  myself  to  really  concentrate    when looking  at this issues.
 So    try    short.
 CO2  is high   than  the curve  shift  to the right  side  making  it  easier  to take O2  from Hb  and move it to the cell  so  in sticky words  it is  less sticky  to Hb. Therefor it is somewhat harder  to load  O2  from the lungs  to the   blood.
 Practical  ideas.
 Hold your breath  and  have a SpO2  sensor on your finger  which  gives  you a  information on how   high %  you load O2  to the arterial blood from the lungs.
. So SpO2  will drop  as you  have more problems  to load O2  to  the blood from the lungs.
 Due to this fact  you  still will try  to use O2  for your activity  and as a comp0esnation the less O2  on the blood  will be compensated  with a better use  and you will see that in a  drop in SmO2.  Let's  go  till here step by step. Not  just  for us  but for many  who still heavily argue, that respiration is never a limitation. Respiration  has a huge impact on  how we  are able to  access  O2.  So called bio availability.
 Hypoxia really is the  question of bio availability  and   yes  altitude  creates a  problem  for bio availability  but  we  can create that any time  when  understanding the  reactions we  can create  on the O2  disscurve and can easy integrate this into  our  daily workouts 
juergfeldmann

Development Team Member
Now  your  follow  up is  absolutely perfect  and I will open a thread  Rachel   to use here  as  she allowed this to us  as a  case ideas.
 In very short.
  For  ultra distance  runners. Do we  really care  about  " Utilization  or  drop of SmO2.  Or  is the key  delivery.
 Yes you  made all perfect  from the conclusion  and I will try to show  the interesting  situation we have  with  Rachel  and  some   nice  observation in  this case.  So  be patient  as we have to go step  by step  and  again  it is not a cook book  and yes it is a  utilization  limitation but  is it good or  bad. ?  so  stay tuned.
Rachel

Development Team Member
Was able to get my Sm02 to drop with a C02 run last night.  Have to say, that was really exciting.  I'll wait for the other tread to open and share the results.
juergfeldmann

Development Team Member
Rachel   first thanks  for trying some cray ideas. second I will take time  this evening  to  use  your feedbacks  and  try to  add some additional answers  to s many great    mails  I got. I will as promised  start a special  Rachel thread  as I like to sort things a little bit out.
DanieleM

Development Team Member
Thanks Clint for the useful presentation.

In your answers I see this point:
If we see a sharp drop in SmO2 that happens at the same time we see a spike in EMG, then we have to look at tHb to see if there's an occlusion being created by additional muscle fiber recruitment.

We have seen several cases of occlusions trend in the forum and my understandings is that it depends on the high pressure of the muscles on the veins which limit/prevent the outflow of the blood at least during contraction (I guess that outflow is still ok during the relaxation of the muscle).
Now let's say that I push X watt and at a certain point I have to increase the muscle fiber recruitment to keep the same wattage, I would expect that the pressure is actually lower.

Daniele
juergfeldmann

Development Team Member
That is a very   great  question  and will create some interesting debate . So let's see  what  thoughts  we    get  form this  before I show  some ideas  and  case studeis  on that  specific occurrence.
  Great   thoughts  Daniele.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net