Author   Comment  
Andri

Fortiori Design LLC
I just got back from a game of badminton, and for fun I thought I would us my MOXY. We played for about an hour, with a ten minute warm-up, and the MOXY was mounted on the vastus lateralis. We didn't do anything specific, just played and basically ignored the MOXY. The results is attached. As predicted you have a curve that fluctuates strongly up and down as activity and rest intervals proceed. Interesting is to see that as playing time progresses I de-saturate less and less, and as shown by the trend line I would appear to have an pro-oxygenating trend. This is something that I have seen with different high intensity interval sports. Why? Muscular fatigue, inability for contractions to take place, therefore less oxygen is consumed, but the cardio-respiratory system is still working at a high rate to compensate which results in this increasing oxygenation??? The second thing to look at is tHb which again has a predicted up and down patter, with rest and activity intervals. Interesting here is that looking at the curve I would argue that the fluctuations, or the max and mins grow less extreme as playing time progresses. Why again? Perhaps muscular fatigue, with less contraction force, there is a smaller venous return and therefore thb has less fluctuation??? These are questions and assumptions. One more point to add, our playing time was shortened, basically we could kicked out because of another event, and subjectively I did not feel that I had exerted myself to the fullest, and secondly I am not a badminton player, I play occasionally with a friend (maybe one a week).

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: badminton.smo2.jpg, Views: 29, Size: 82.50 KB 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net