Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Juerg Feldmann

Fortiori Design LLC
Marcel sorry, as usual no answer but many more open questions.
I. HR drift can have as it seems different  causes, and as such we may see very different reaction  when integrating MOXY.
1.1 Temperature - vasodilatation  on the surface ( temp control )  drops SV - increases HR  to compensate  to maintain the needed CO.
 This is a simple baseline example for people wondering when we talk about LIMITER and compensator.
 The cardiac system can be a limiter or a compensator.
 but in it self it can have functions who limit  or compensate. Typically it is HR and SV.
 But there are other options you can see with the Physioflow as well.
2. Muscle contraction and therefor reduce blood return - smaller preload - smaller SV - higher HR .
and many more options here to think through and any readers can add them here  for the discussion

So here one of many  test I did , since Marcel  asked the great  question of comparing trends in HR drift with trends in SmO2 reactions.  The test results are supper fun, as many theoretical prediction got overthrown immediately once I did a practical assessment.
 It is really interesting to start to understand how important it is to combine the different bio markers and how dangerous it is to use one single  bio marker to make any conclusion.

Here one of the more interesting situations and  I like to use your brain in that one.
Blue is the first SmO2 trend 
Red is the next day.
 Task.  : - Warm up on a bike . You can find easy the start of both days ( it is slightly time shifted to see better the reactions by a few minutes.. Than after plateau  start of an intensity , which  is considered STEI ( structural endurance intensity.
 Meaning the Oxygen delivery  will be balanced after an initial  drop at the start of the load and should stay balanced all in the O2 dependent energy supply line. ( meaning that lactate may be up  after the first 3 - 5 min and than will  drop back down to a very low level )

So short info :
 Blue  warm up , than  STEI load as you can see with drop  and " rebound of SmO2.
 RF 22 - 24, HR 135 +_  Lactate 2.9 and dropping to 1.2 to1.4 . HR drift over 60 min to 145 +_ the rest of the info RF and lactate and RPM and watt all stable.

Than I did a specific intervention in the afternoon after the first test.

You guess.
 Than next day same  assessment red.
  Result you can see in SmO2 .
 HR start out warm up  more or less the same, Start of load 140 +_ RF 30 +_2. lactate first 2.6 than maintaining and slowly increasing to 2.9 - 3.1 and could not finish the 1 hour bike ride, despite the fact that it suppose to be wattage level of STEI.
 HR drifted up to 150 + and RF drifted up to 40 .
 What happened and what did I do.
 And most important the higher SmO2  : Is it a good or a bad sign and when  would it be a good one and when is it a bad one.
 Remember. Case study only .

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: 2_drift.jpg, Views: 36, Size: 69.92 KB 

Previous Topic | Next Topic

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter -