Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Etiennebest

Development Team Member

It was good to see how Moxy is used in a business context, and how it can form part of and be used to enhance an overall offering.

I would like to know more about how Moxy has changed their business and the actual athlete outcomes along with it  - in real terms. Something in the lines of "When doing LT testing we could only test X amount of athletes at low/medium/high cost and effort, the results were in the low/medium/high range of usefulness, by Moxying them we were able to change that to ABC"...

Regarding future webinars.
Do you have any more instructive “Gathering, extracting, manipulating and consolidating Moxy data” type sessions planned, I've watched all the youtube videos I can find and they are great, but I would be really interested in something that really covers the basics – placement, attachment (tape vs strapping roll vs just shoving it under your shorts vs how to fit it for swimming/other sports), downloading vs using things like recording via PeriPedal/PerfPro/NPE WASP, integrating other data points (from simple e.g. HR/Wattage/cadence, to more advanced e.g. spirometry…etc, etc… (I think you get the idea). I really like the interactive format of the Webinars where if something isn't clear or is of particular interst we can ask additional questions.

Ruud_G

Development Team Member
- In the webinar you say you do the 4/14 protocol to determine zones. Considering your riders ride with power you let them ride on the zones based on the Moxy 4/1/4 or do you still use the coggan zones which are derived in a different way (multiple ways)? Or is the power zones from the moxy protocol results (local) leading in your riders training (considering none are constently riding with moxys).
- when determining the moxy zones there is as you know also some form of subjectivity (as seen below everything has its limitations) but do you also include a non-involved muscle or only the left/right VL placement?
- why did you completely stop with lactate? In a sense it can give some information (systemic). Yes it also has it flaws as we can see but all assessment methods and equipment have linitations. Just curious
- how do you "convince" people to do the moxy assessment for their training zones instead of using lactate measurement which most of them are probably used to?
- how do you go about with the discussions we often have about using moxy and zoning while it's usually not really the main intent of the moxy? It is a kind of grey zone if you know what I mean.
Cheers and thank you for your response. And very cool and stylish place you have!
Roger

Here's a link to the webinar in this discussion

Roger

Etienne,

Thank you for the suggestion for future webinars.  We will make sure we get those topics worked in.
DanieleM

Development Team Member
Quote:
I would be really interested in something that really covers the basics – placement, attachment (tape vs strapping roll vs just shoving it under your shorts vs how to fit it for swimming/other sports)

Really a good point.
Few times I could not get useful data due to loss of signals (light or poor attachment). The problem is more on running than cycling.
I would suggest a specific video with information on what to use/where to buy tapes etc.
juergfeldmann

Development Team Member
I use since ever  even  with the portamon a cellophane wrap ( house hold rap)  to protect the light sources  form sweat. Cheap and easy to wrap and than I use a   so called
 COVER-ROLL stretch (  brand)
10 cm x9.2m length
Made n Germany register trademark
BSN medical GmbH
D-22771 Hamburg Germany
REF 45553-00
It is a non-woven adhesive bandage
air permeable skin friendly and cross elastic. so super great to stretch over  even  narrow  areas and I  even use it in water  just a little bit a longer piece  and  a cross piece to be sure it holds. I buy it in bulk  of 12 rolls directly  from the Canadian distributor. It has  like any medical stuff an expire  date  so my le attest bulk order will exp 06.2019
DanieleM

Development Team Member
Thanks Juerg, good information.
I still think a video showing all the preparation would be extremely useful.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net