Author   Comment  
Gunnar

Development Team Member
I know this might be a bit off topic, but could someone here on the forum direct me to some good literature about sport or exercise physiology? Something that would help me understand what I need to know about the body for training. My current knowhow level on this topic is basically 0.
bobbyjobling

Development Team Member
Take a look at "Cardiovascular Physiology 8/E: Edition 8"

Not a training book but I found this book really good, I was able to back up all of Juerg comments when he talks about CO in the forum. It also have very good diagrams of blood flow resistance distribution, blood pressure distribution, what effects vaso dilation and constriction and much more.

But mostly I'm impressed with Juerg for his knowledge and willing to share his experience [smile]

https://play.google.com/store/books/details?id=pbQJAgAAQBAJ
jschiltz

Development Team Member
http://forum.moxymonitor.com/categories
Gunnar

Development Team Member
hehe yes. This forum is a great place to find a lot of information. But before I am able to really digest what I read here, I do need some basic knowhow.
juergfeldmann

Development Team Member
Ask on here  and the kitchen crew  may  try in our best ability to answer  if there are answers. Otherwise we can design some experiments as  a lot  is in changing mode  thanks  to new technology. Think the big dilemma  aerob and anaerob  or lactate the good  the bad  the ugly.
Simple  questions   we   have to answer.
 Lactate tolerance workouts ????
 Cool down  why  and  when. ?
Stretching before  a  workout or a  race ?
"Warming  up "  for a  workout .?
and many  more uncomfortable  questions  today.
Like  why   would I be able to calculate a  physiological reaction based on a  VO2  max  which may not  exists. 
 Or  why  would I  plan a program  based on  1  of the  25  different LT  concepts  and who  tells me  which one is the  right one. ? 
You can see how messy it is in my brain. $0  + years back I was the champion finishing university and knew  everything. Today  a know only  that there is much more out  there I  do not know.

Gunnar

Development Team Member
That was one of the reasons I asked here in the forum. I definitely see that you guys are on to something very interesting here. I sometimes (mostly) need more education to even understand your answers. Probably depending on the fact that I don't come from medicine or physiology, but engineering.
I want to avoid learning things which are stated as the absolute truth and then after years finding out they are not true...

I will keep asking questions and only hope that the questions will get more qualified with time.
sebo2000

Development Team Member
believe it or not, but I'm now really asking myself why I took technology instead of medicine [smile]

I found myself reading a lot about body, watching videos etc. There is few good channels on youtube, this guys doesn't go to deep just enough of my edge of understanding and stimulation to find out about unknown:

https://www.youtube.com/user/mathdude2012/videos

Here is hemoglobin and myoglobin curve again explained [smile] 

He also have Bohr effect explained, 2,3BPG, and few other cool concepts.

For myself the biggest challenge is to match theory with Moxy data and my own body,
Challenge is due because I an only experiment on myself and my 12 y old daughter [smile] 
But with all the great people here I'm sure we will be able to compare anything we can think.

Gunnar

Development Team Member
Thank you! Cool, I will check it out.

Happy birthday to your daughter since she suddenly changed from 11 to 12 y!
juergfeldmann

Development Team Member
nice  video. Small add on. Ask  steady as  he explains  what is  the survival purpose .
 Than  look as  usual  they look on the  left side in the graph but  often forget  the  right side  at 100 %  and 100 mmhHg  and who release  first there.  The fascinating part is . Tell em on what  sport  forum   we  ever  see some body discussing  the  O2  disscurve a a  tool  for  training stimulation./
 Very  nice  and a  relay hope for me  to see  sooner  than later  that  activities   are  fun to do if you  have  some more understanding on how your body  works  and  MOXY is a tool  to get this experience live.  
Now  you as well can eays see the  connection between a  respiratory limitation.
 Lag  of  SmO2 increase  and fast increase in tHb.
  Why is  SmO2  slow in  increasing  
 Why is tHb  shooting up  fast.
 And  why  do we   create 1 min or short breaks  if we look for a feedback. ?
sebo2000

Development Team Member
Thanks Gunnar she just had a birthday, btw. she trains with moxy too [smile] I think that is the only way she can be properly balanced. 

@Juerg

Tell em on what  sport  forum   we  ever  see some body discussing  the  O2  disscurve a a  tool  for  training stimulation.

Only here, that is why this is the coolest place on the internet for any training advice, this is for sure next level, regardless the fact it should be first level. [smile]

You said it very well yesterday: people know what is their tire rolling resistance value, but have not a slight clue about their own body, something they actually have full control, I will be using this one for sure if you don't mind [smile]

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net