Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
xcskier

Development Team Member
Has anybody tried Humon sensor?
How does it compare with Moxy?
Roger

I just bought a Humon to see how it compares to Moxy.

Once I get it in, I'll do an occlusion video like I did comparing Moxy to BSX a while back.

Based on my current understanding of the algorithm, I anticipate the Humon will act more like the BSX but we we'll see for sure when we test it.

Roger
MetaTrainingSST

Development Team Member
We have also bought a Humon. Initially I could observe how the relative values of Humon were greater than Moxy doing an isometric exercise (Humon in one leg and Moxy in the other leg). I did not make any records but I will also do the same test. What I could see was the synchronization of my garmin 920 Humon and Moxy produces interferences.

Martí
Roger

I have done some initial testing with the Humon.  It looks like they are doing an initial "calibration" when you start the device to overcome the issue of measuring SmO2 from 0 to 100 with usable accuracy.

The Humon calibration step appears to be significantly THb sensitive.  If I do the calibration step on my thenar eminence and then measure on my forearm, the Humon SmO2 reading drops to single digits or 0 SmO2 when it should be something like 65%.  I was just resting for this test.

Of course, it's not intended to be calibrated on one site and then moved to another, but the purpose of this test was to evaluate if there was THb and SmO2 cross talk.  The thenar eminence typically has higher THb than the forearm due to more dense muscle and thinner fat layer.  This raises questions about how well it deals with changes in THb during exercise.  THb and SmO2 act independently during exercise and this test indicates that the Humon might not be reading them independently.

The Moxy does not need this initial calibration step and it typically reads well during 0 - 100 occlusion tests on the forearm and thenar eminence.

I will try get a video of this test posted later on so others can replicate the test or devise ways to quantify the impact on actual measurements more directly.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net