Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
bobbyjobling

Development Team Member
Hi all, this is my first attempt at using Arduino Due to read EMG signal. The plan is to add 2 more EMG sensors to the Arduino Due and integrate MOXY sensor, HR and Power data.
Currently, I'm using MATLAB to display the data via a GUI. Unfortunately, MATLAB is not very accessible so once the code is done I also plan to export as best as I can to Octave which is free to use.
The next big step is adding a MOXY sensor, via a second Arduino with an ANT+ receiver. If anyone has experience with Arduino ANT+, please Help [smile]

All EMG hardware components are available to buy. 

I'm open to suggestions on how best to display the data. 

xcskier

Development Team Member
This looks very interesting. I have used some commercial EMG garments
(Myontec and Athos), but haven't tried to synchronize the data with Moxy.

Myontec has some expensive software for analysis/display of EMG signal 
from their garment. You may want to look at that for some possible ideas.
bobbyjobling

Development Team Member
xcskier thanks for the pointers, I like some of the graphical rapresemtaion of the emg signal used by the product you listed.

Just yesterday I managed to read ANT+ HR data using an Arduino device and today I was able to TX simulated power value to Zwift using the same Arduino.
You never know I may be able to control my Wahoo kickr using smO2 value instead of power :)
xcskier

Development Team Member
I am interested in hearing how you were planning on combining SmO2/ThB and EMG.
What are the things you would be looking for in terms of SmO2 trends and EMG trends?

bobbyjobling

Development Team Member
I will need to experiment with different methods of interpreting EMG to better relate to SmO2. I have collated several established maths functions that are commonly used with EMG signals and one of these might do the trick.

One test that I would like to do, is to measure the "non involved muscle" EMG to better understand the SmO2 reaction.
Takura

Development Team Member
Though deviating from SmO2: Would find it interesting for cycling if one could also get accelerometer data from an additional cadence sensor on the cranks to have EMG data synchronized with crank position - of course also with a power meter that measures power relative to crank position. Have been waiting for Suunto Movescan to support ANT but maybe Arduino is the better choice at this moment...
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net