Author   Comment  
dawn lagergren

Development Team Member
This data is from a 6.75mile run I did last night which included a 1 mile warm-up, 10 repeats of running up and down the hill in front of our house, then a 1 mile cool-down.  The first thing I had to do is change the battery of my watch again.  This time it went completely dead and wouldn't even display the "off" and "SmO2" which usually shows up.  This watch is on it's third battery since I started using it.  Data seems to be consistent with my activity.

Attached Files
xlsx hillmoxy.xlsx (93.21 KB, 69 views)

Unregistered

Dawn
I have to try this.  These intervals look great.  This is the kind of data we really need to see from the Moxy Monitor. 
Thanks for all the hard work!
Stu

Unregistered
I do this workout when I need a longer run but can't go far from home. Gets me good training and I'm never more than 1/2 mile away from home. Will repeat soon and post.
Larry Flessland

Fortiori Design LLC
I'm going to find a hill and do this workout too.
Larry Flessland

Fortiori Design LLC

I recently had similar issues with the battery in my watch too.  It worked great for a long time but then it seemed like it went through quite a few batteries and lost wireless connection during workouts.  I inspected the watch with Roger and it appeared that I must have bent the tabs that push down on the battery it wasn’t making good contact.  I bent the tabs back down and it seems to be working better now.

dawn lagergren

Development Team Member
My tabs seem to be making contact because both battery changes, I tried first to hold the contacts down to see if it made any difference and it did not.  I'll let you know Larry about a watch switch.
hchlebek

Development Team Member
For intervals like this you could use the sat measurement to time the intervals. So you start each interval when the sat reaches the same rest value. That way you are using a biomarker for the recovery rather than a random time. That way you are on your way to using the device to personalize your workout rather than using a random "one size fits all" training prescription.
hchlebek

Development Team Member
Your sats at the start of the intervals vary from around 53 to 67 so you have a different baseline for each interval. You could time your rests by watching your sat and starting each interval at the same muscle sat. Furthermore you could also run each interval till the muscle reaches the same desaturation value rather than using repeated time or distance as the control. So the idea is to use the device to control your training rather than just doing the usual workout and recording the result for interest. Just something to play with.
Juerg Feldmann

Fortiori Design LLC

Greetings all on here.
 I love this  site and this Forum and I see, that my partner Herb gave some short info on different exiting  ideas  on Physiological intensity control in trainings. I work since  many years with NIRS and we have developped an  indepth data base now with different test centers all over the world using some of my ideas.
 Herb made a great example on how in some cases you can use  the oxygen saturation for physiological sound ideas of load and unload as well, as, what kind of rest periods you like to have in between intervalls.
 If you google interval  portamon you will find many many topics and ideas on this subject.  I can as well show some nice prints here on this  parts and  there are some really interesting studies done in the last few years as well.If you go on http://www.fact-canada.com an don the Forum under Portamon NIRS you will find as well many discussions with partners all over the world.
 The key step forward is to break through the " classical" old fashion ideas, that physical information like 5  fingers, 400 m loop  1 pool lenght  and 60 seconds can be used for workout control. They can't  they are  only based on  organisation for the easier work of coaches rather the ability to develop individual  workouts based on individual assessments.We have build up a network of educational centers now, working for the moment to gather information and ideas on changeing the current intensity ideas. My son just fnished his master thesis in Switzerland with a hugh datacollection information to see, how we can  use NIRS in the public  for health / prevention and  fitness.
 In the spring  2013 there will be the world's first phsyiological assessment and training center open in Vancouver where  the first time different noninvasive  methodes will be offer for te general pubic including programming.
We hope that MOXY will be an integral part of this new generation of trainings.

There are some tweaks and changes needed ,but that is always the case with any great developpment as we go along to make ideas better and accessible for everybody out there.
  If you start reading on other sites  you may often find the  word TSI % which is  used for tissue saturation index as a % of O2Hb to total Hb.

The idea is simple , We look for a physiological biomarker system where we combine current simple biomarkers like HR, RF TSI %  and in some cases lactate on the go.  Here a short inside view in a edcuational  seminar  I had in Switzerland and in the spring we  will do many more. We  run since 6 years small group session as well in teh USA ( Ca) and there are some great users for NIRS in teh USA we  have regular feedback and contacts.
 So nice to see this forum up and running as an important part of awaerness for newcommer and critics as well.

Juerg Feldmann

Fortiori Design LLC
It seems the presentation was not accepted. So here just for fun one of thepractical examples of NIRS and interval ideas.

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: Juerg_3_intervall.jpg, Views: 29, Size: 138.22 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: jUERG_INTERVALL_nirs_AND_pHYSIO_fLOW.jpg, Views: 25, Size: 164.02 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: Juerg_Intervall_TSI_%.JPG, Views: 21, Size: 54.16 KB 

Juerg Feldmann

Fortiori Design LLC
Here for the die hards. This is a intervall workout in preparation for a season based on physiological information rather than numbers and fingers. You can see, when reading carefully the  NIRS info. what we did and how we  controlled the length and the recovery  phases. The top green is TSI %  and the  lower infos are O2 Hb HHb tHb and sometimes purple is HbDiff.   Following up is a paced 1 min intervall super test , where we where looking how good we can repeat NIRS info compared with non invasive cardiac hemodynamic and we where very impressed.

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: GK_intervall_first_day_all_4.JPG, Views: 26, Size: 48.19 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: geoff_super_3_x_1_min.JPG, Views: 28, Size: 71.83 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: geoff_super_test_3_x_1.jpg, Views: 27, Size: 152.89 KB 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net