Author   Comment  
rsantaella

Development Team Member
Can someone help me setting up PerfPro Studio? 

I have everything working but when doing an assessment with all three sensors, how do I get the software to record all the sensor files? 

I am using a Computrainer and the right leg sensor associated to the trainer does get recorded, the other two display the "live" graph while performing the test but then the files / graphs don't show up on the analyzer once the test is concluded.

Thanks in advance!

r
juergfeldmann

Development Team Member
I am sorry  I can not help you here as I use a veyr different feedback  and for sure a very different  way  for interpretation of the NIRS data's  no matter what NIRS  equipment we collect it  from.
So I hope  somebody using this  specific software  may be able to help you  with this . Good luck.
CraigMahony

Development Team Member
I believe you will need to do something like set up 3 athletes/cyclists. Each athlete is associated with a with a different sensor. This means you will get three graphs though. 
juergfeldmann

Development Team Member
Craig thanks  for jumping in.
Swinco in Switzerland  with Andri  are in he midst  of  developing a  software  for interpretation of  some basic physiological zoning  paired  with using the software  for  physiologic guided  workouts. I assume we  may  have soon some more feedback on this ideas  as this is mainly  developed for  fitness centers  , physiotherapy  centers  rehab centers  and individual people  doing  guided  physiological workouts.
rsantaella

Development Team Member
craig,

do you use perfpro? do you use it with computrainer?

if so i'd appreciate if we can touch base email or phone. 

i had the set up as you describe and the sensors generated the graph while performing the 5 1 5. however only data from one of the sensors was saved. the one associated with the computrainer. i might have not set up a dummy / ghost computrainer so the data was captured also. that is were i am a bit lost. since the graph was generated during the workout i assumed it was going to be captured.

thanks for any info / suggestions.

r
CraigMahony

Development Team Member
I have only just started using Perf Pro myself. I use it as I want to use a Wasp to broadcast the data of runners I coach in an outside setting and Perf Pro is the only software that deals with Wasp that I know of. I do not use computrainers myself for riding. Maybe you need to set it for no trainer for the second and third sensor. 
Etiennebest

Development Team Member
Hi,

I've used two on a KickR with Perfpro Studio - as already described you have to set up a "dummy" athlete. I just use my own name with an associated moxy on the VL and create a second athlete named after the muscle group I'm mounting the moxy on.

Drew Hartman did have issues with multiple moxy's showing up and being recorded, but he fixed that in the later versions. It was also important to associate a trainer to the "dummy" you are using, I just choose a generic fluid trainer so that PerfPro doesn't try to control it. Not sure if that is still a requirement.

You will then find the second recording under the "Dummy" athlete you created. Easiest is then to export the first and second athlete's info to CSV files and manually combine them in Excel.

It's a pain in the behind but it's the only workable way I've found to do it - alternatively you can jump through some hoops with Golden Cheetah to combine it - but I don't know it that well.

Hope this helped.

Regards,

Etienne.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net