Author   Comment  
Juerg Feldmann

Fortiori Design LLC
I will start today to make  a " live " explanation as I did with the client you have the word document. A Urpahd test for him but a part of our  first step test  idea.
Here a short intro.
 The  Part I will focus on is clearly the info we extract from NIRS (MOXY or Portamon).
 1. Goal: To have for our athletes and clients a future tool ( MOXY ) so they can see regularly at home to than forward the information to their coach or assessment center or use it on their own.
This part is the My PAHD meaning it is MY Physiological assessment of homeostasis disruption.
 Now  we will see later  this is not completely optimal explained but you will soon get the full picture.
What we need as athletes , patients and coaches or health provider is a  objective tool to assess whether our  training  / recovery idea actually works. Can we improve the client or at least maintain the level of performance.
 Classical  situation is :
 If we see our client makes progress we are very happy and believe ( which may be true ) that it is the training program we gave. Are we sure that we really improve where we hope to improve.
Simple example.
 :
 We have a drop in HR in a relative short time  from 160 HR at a given pace to 150 at the same pace.
 What did we changed besides the fact that the HR is 10 beats lower ? What caused the change ?
  Now if we not improve than  most often we have a problem.
 We do not know why . Perhaps we improved we simple tested or assessed at the wrong time , when one of the team members was really  tried and not recovered.

So  back to the   question with the HR.
 Did the HR dropped because I tested at a moment where I had a much bigger blood volume in so pre load was much more efficient on the heart.
 Did I really improved  Stroke volume and therefor can drop by the same performance the HR   as CO = HR x SV
 Did I change contraction force ( LVET ) Left ventricular contraction time ) and therefor change EF % as well. Did I change  the way I breath ( increase in TV ) due to great respiratory training and there fro use the diaphragm to allow a better pre load , increase SV and therefor a  drop HR.

Now lot's of very specific questions.
 After years of comparing this ideas   we believe that  NIRS can give us  small hints and information on all of the above questions  with one simple tool ( MOXY).

So one group member I mentioned before push the answer ahead, as he mentioned, that it may be a waste of time and money to do a step test and collect the classical  way the lactate and the rest info.
  From my point of view he is right.
 From a  research point of view  we have to establish a connection on how different the extraction of NIRS data's are  compared to classical information.
 To do this we need the classical step test and combine them with NIRS. Than we can compare   but not by looking whether NIRS shows the " thresholds or what ever, but simple by analyzing the information as we are there and as they develop.
 In this case I will use here we have some incredible interesting trends but :
 because of the classical idea of 3 min we just have hints but no confirmation.
  The end idea is that we not use any other equipment than MOXY for a My PAHD  and  than improve upon information collection in the test center with the coach by  moving forward to UrPAHD where any classical  equipment can be added , mainly VO2  systems, as with them  c0ombnined with MOXY or Portamon we than have what we look for , a physiological assessment.
 Now we pair that with performance like wattage or a test system like the great FTP by Allen Hunter  and we have an optimal combination of  all what you did   with an additional  team member in your tool box  NIRS / MOXY. Here three simple example on how it would look like for the different levels of clients  you may have.
Attachment show from 1 - 5
 1. Organigram of the assessment idea
2. TIP or intensities based on the assessment information.
 TIP can be a general one or you can make a TIP  system specific  for competitive athletes.
 That means you have  the intensities  by looking just at  the cardiac system or the respiratory system or the muscular system and than you overlap and see  in what intensity you may stimulate 1  2 or all systems and in what intensity you may only stress the limiter with out using the otter once as a compensator. More on this later
 3 - 5 are all year plan suggestions , when the client test himself with a My PAHD and sent in the information to the coach or center, and when the center or coach makes a YOUR ( UR ) PAHD to readjust the program
. It is fixed here but your PAHD really get done, when we see clear changes in a My Pahd and not because 3 month are over. . If we see changes we have to find out  who and why we changed and than reassess with a Your PAHD and re organize the  load and recover y ( training ) system.

The last picture is a MYPAHD from the client we will discuss as a follow up.

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: Orgainigram_IPAHD.jpg, Views: 41, Size: 81.71 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: zoning_idea.jpg, Views: 46, Size: 87.29 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: gale_mypahd.JPG, Views: 39, Size: 51.30 KB 

Juerg Feldmann

Fortiori Design LLC
Okay first step is to look at  what NIRS really is and why it may enhance dramatically how you in the future will assess your clients and than what they use during a workout  as biomarkers and performance information. Watt and NIRS possibly a great combination. Here we go .

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net