Author   Comment  
sebo2000

Development Team Member
Hello,

Just recently bought Garmin 830 (My Garmin 1000 power button broke for 3rd time). Initially, I was able to add all 3 Moxy sensors on to the Garmin 830 and they worked fine. After recent updates, my Garmin does not show moxy readings at all, no matter what I will do.
I have currently 3 profiles, I have removed all sensors except HR and Power. 
In the past, I always had to shut down Garmin completely, turn on Moxy then turn on Garmin, but this trick does not help now.
My Garmin 1000 works fine so Moxy sensors are ok, anyone alse having issues with Garmin 830???

Regards,

Sebastian

Roger

Hi Sebastian,

We've recently identified a bug in the Edge 530 software that sounds similar to what you are describing here.

Here's a video that shows how to reproduce the problem on the 530.  The datafield will connect with the Moxy immediately after the data field is installed but when the 530 is powered down and back up, it won't connect.  Can you confirm that your symptoms are similar so I can relay this information to Garmin?

Roger
Roger

Here's a link to the bug report on the 530 issue on Garmin's forum.

https://forums.garmin.com/developer/connect-iq/i/bug-reports/edge530-datafield-ant-communication-not-work-after-the-device-restart
sebo2000

Development Team Member
Hi Roger,

Yes, this is exactly what happens, thanks for your video!

When I add Moxy1, Moxy2, Moxy3  data fields they will detect all sensors and work great, once I power Off the unit I have to remove the fields, restart and add them again. If I put the device to sleep for a few minutes they are working fine, but anything longer than a few mins they will disappear and have to be re-added again after device restart. I'm pretty sure firmware 4.1 broke it, as it was working fine before. I will try to revert the firmware and see if it will work.

Roger

Garmin has acknowledged the problem and the 830 programming team has been notified.

Please let me know if the 830 firmware reversion is a successful work around.
sebo2000

Development Team Member
I reverted to 3.5 but still experienced the same issue, then I reverted to 3.2 but the issue was still there. I didn't try 2.5. I hope they are going to fix it quickly.

Regards,

Sebastian

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net