Author   Comment  
DanieleM

Development Team Member
This is the first assessment of a young football player.
First part a 5/1 TIP with increasing velocity.
During the last step he could not maintain the pre-established velocity and the test was stopped.

Overall Test
football_tip_rip.png 
After 10 minute of recovery, he performed a sort of RIP with 7x (20m+20m) sprint followed by approx 22 seconds of recovery.
Here the details of the sprint session (in yellow the sprint part):
football_rip.png    
I could see a problem of recovery (even on the TIP after second load the recovery was not perfect).
Also quite surprisingly the SmO2 during the 5 minutes load remained quite stable even during the first load (delivery limitation?)

Sprint session is probably showing the same problem of lack of SmO2 recovery.
Could be a respiration limitation? Or peripheral, mithocondrial density, causing O2 Diss Curve shift to the right?

The athlete is at the moment a bit out of shape  (injury in May with one month of no activities + vacation) and about to start the training with the team in a week.

As usual feedabck are very appreciated.

Juerg Feldmann

Fortiori Design LLC
woww great  job  As usual  do you have  his csv  file  so i can  look at it  with my  ideas  and come back  . Cheers juerg
Juerg Feldmann

Fortiori Design LLC
2  areas of interest.
 1. look  the so  called  " aerobic"  section in the 5/1/5   and how far he is able to de-saturate  and than  his " RIP "  look at Smo2.
 Than look the interesting tHb reaction in the  5/1/5   dropping  during recovery ?
DanieleM

Development Team Member
Attached the csv for this case study.
There are some 0s which, in the graph, I've replaced with the previous values.

I am wondering if the elastic bandage caused some compression to justify the low SmO2 values seen also on the first step.

Attached Files
csv football_tip_rip.csv (30.27 KB, 18 views)

Juerg Feldmann

Fortiori Design LLC
Hmm  not  sure ,whether I  can get anything usable out  of this data collections sorry.
 To many errors  in data collection . see below
biased all.jpg 
 I like to  overview   data  always on  my biased  setting  and as you can see with  perhaps exception of the  first  5 min load  and rest  we have many  interruptions of proper data supply.
This is a picture  I see often, when  people using   compression sleeves  or stockings on some body parts  or when they us e a wrap  tape  like the vet rap  and make it too tight, as well when we used  out  first   wrap around  tape.
 I  simply put the MOXY in a cellophane  wrap  use the 3  m stretch  tape and that's it  If it is  super bright outside  you can use  a    light shield. I never  as of yet used this  and have  very  seldom a loos of data.  I   most  likely  would not  make  an interpretation  on this one.
 Here nevertheless some interesting questions:

thb smo2 all 3  circles.jpg

we see in  three breaks,  where we may have decent data collection, some similar trends . See the three circles. ?
 I  was just looking close on the first break   and here the picture  we  get.

first rest thb smo2.jpg

You see the   green recovery of  1 min  with  an interesting tHb trend Than we have a  15  to  perhaps 30 seconds  gap  yellow  plus  perhaps into the red , where we have   some questions  what  has  happend in that stage    before reloading ?

DanieleM

Development Team Member
Juerg, you're right, there was probably too much light and not enough shielding or moxy probably not perfectly fit.
Anyway, I would take the good parts:
1.the SmO2 recoveries are dropping from step 2 (could be both cardiorespiratory or peripheral). The fact that SmO2 is not increasing during step 1 makes me think to a delivery limitation

2. sprint session. Very limited SmO2 recovery during sprint 1 to 3.
I think it could show a muscular limitation (too much H+/CO2) and at the same time no support from delivery.

Btw what is your interpretation about the yellow part before the load?
recovery_football.jpg 

Would be nice to repeat the test in approximately one month after the preparation period with the team.

Thanks!

Juerg Feldmann

Fortiori Design LLC
Daniele  ,
 will have to sit down  and look at it  again. I am not sure  what happens there  and have to go through the different options.
. Nice in  cases   like this is  we have some more feedback  for example  from HR as that would be easy    and sometimes we  use RF  or  EtCO2  as it helps as  well to exclude certain speculations. Capnometers  are  expensive  but  another option is a SpO2  sensor  and in the  one minute rest it is easy to take.
Thanks  for the feedback
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net