Author   Comment  
klortas

Development Team Member
What is most practical way to fix moxy monitor on quad muscle during runs?
Tried supplied adhesive attachments, but seems they work only with shaved legs [smile]
I need to fix moxy for runs up to 3h with speeds from 3:00/km to 6:00/km.
Heard that some people use compression shorts and put moxy under them, but its not an option for me.

Thank you!
CraigMahony

Development Team Member
Use the cover-all stretch tape that is in the moxy store to fix it in place. It might be called something different in your country. It is called Fixomull here in Australia. You will then need light protection so use some vetrap tape over the top. I have found that this works well, although the runner I coach who uses it does not run for the time that you do.
Stuart percival

Development Team Member
Why can't you use cycle shorts or something similar ? By far the easiest way to help keep it in situ once you've stuck it to the skin as advised above
klortas

Development Team Member
Thanks - would try to find analog of Fixomull/Stretch-tape, since they are not available locally. Maybe Kinesio tape?
Cycle shorts are not good for fast or long runs, at least for me.
I tried multiple compression shorts made for running, but 1) they are not that comfortable 2) they loose their form quickly (run 250-300km/month), so its very expensive to buy them every month 3) running in rain is problematic, since they dont dry fast.
juergfeldmann

Development Team Member
Nice  feedback.
 We use  the  cover   roll and  wrap the MOXY in a  cellophane wrap.
 Now remember  depending on what you  try to   look live    for. We  in many cases   attach the MOXY on a non priority muscles   as soon we have the  feedback  from different assessments  and workouts  of  an athlete. So we  used MOXY  during a  24  hour  world record  tryout  and we had 2 MOXYs  on  a non priority upper body muscles  and  check  the first 4  hours, than the last 4  hours  and never  actually     moved it off so it was good  for 24 hours  run. He  simply pulled the one off  after 4  initial hours but  the  last 4  hour  placement was  from the beginning  and we had no  problems.
  Remember  the  initial idea  of priority  and non priority  with the   temperature  example.
 If  you go out in - 40 degrees celsius  you will  have  very fast some problems. But the first sign of  actually  getting into trouble is  in a non priority  area  for survival  so you will freeze  and loose  toes  fingers  ears  and nose, as they are least important  for   survival.
 Same in   any   performance  idea, where we  have  for sure a  sufficient  delivery  option   so no  limitation fo delivery due  to  very high intensity  and short duration like in  possible HIIT  workouts. So in long runs  where we know there  will be  a delivery   or  utilization limitation we  can use  non priority  areas  very nicely to see, whether we hit a delivery or a  utilization limitation. If  you look  why we do a 5/1/5  or  why we stop  you  see and can use  that  for  training  control   as that  is where  you will see the fast response  and feedback  where or  what is  limiting  at the  actual situation. Again it is all about interpretation we do on here. The rest of  training  application is up  to the coaches  and ro athletes to use it sport specific  and  individual.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net