Author   Comment  
klortas

Development Team Member
Please forgive me if this is totally OK - only starting using Moxy for my runs and understanding how to analyze results.
This was my first run and I found it strange that SmO2 levels during mid pace were higher than during rest period (values in csv look legit).
Attached is graph of the run - Moxy battery died around 38min (forgot to charge fully).
0-6min is getting ready for outdoor run.
6-10min is dynamic stretching outdoors.
10-20min is warm-up with pace around 6:00min/km.
20-60min is easy development run with pace 5:15min/km.
Yellow line is temperature measured by Fenix on my hand - started from 24C and dropped to 11C (it was 6C outside).
moxy run.png 

Attached Files
csv 12_october_2016.csv (37.91 KB, 8 views)

CraigMahony

Development Team Member
I found it strange that SmO2 levels during mid pace were higher than during rest period
This is expected at easy intensity levels. Cardiac Output increases thus supplying more O2 to the tissues. In the EBooks you would be in AREI where you have more oxygen than you are using thus the SmO2 increases. Possibly you might be in the STEI where oxygen use equals oxygen delivery. You are best to do something like a 5-1-5 assessment on a treadmill to see how your SmO2 changes with different intensities.
klortas

Development Team Member
Thanks for quick reply!

Was definitely planning to do 5-1-5 after I'm fully recovered from Berlin marathon.
Stuart percival

Development Team Member
You also get some vasodilation locally too [smile]
juergfeldmann

Development Team Member
Craig, thanks  for jumping in   perfect  English  [smile] great   answer. Question. Where did  you  fixed the MOXY ?
klortas

Development Team Member
Fixed Moxy on right quad - from what I read its preferred location for running.
juergfeldmann

Development Team Member
Stuart  thanks as well.  Nice  to see we increase the "chef"  numbers in our   first class restaurant  fast and efficient  with all the great feedbakcs on here.
 There is often no  right and wrong but  we need  a great  thinking group  o  look  sometimes  , when results are not  that clear   what options  we  have to make it  easier to see limiters and compensators. Soon  many coaches  will see, that an  assessment  is  done by steady changing the  ideas, as we see  reactions live ahead of us  and you have  an possible  idea  what happens and now  you  change the 5/1/5  to see, whether you can confirm your  idea.

The risk  we  will see  over the next few years  as more and more researcher will see the  options and possibility  of NIRS, that we  as we had a probable to let go classical  ideas initially and lock  at  NIRS  and not desperately  try to link it to VO2 max  or  slow VO2  component  or  LT  1  and LT  2  and  max lass   and so on. . The  big advantage  of  NIRS  is that it is live. The  even bigger  disadvantage  is, that it is   from on single muscle and his  is the riksy  part as  coordination and other  left/ right leg  or  arms  problems  can complete  change the idea   and what we like to see.
 So  NIRS  alone on one mussel  really has to be taken  carefully and that's  why you see how we look  at  different combinations.
 So a  coach  will  need to combine   NIRS   with  HR or  performance or RF as some of he easy to  use  bio markers. We as well will see  so called  typical NIRS  graphs, where  Jiri  already showed  far back that there  are many options  and  curve  shapes with some mores common.
The  fascinating  section s the great  positive critical  questions  we  push on NIRS ideas.   and the little  to   none  critical  reviews  we do with lactate  and VO2  as they are established  and nobody     or  few look back  to see, what  actually the goal  as on a lactate idea  as it was set  during a time  where lactate  was really an  enemy rather  than a friend.
So everybody was keen to get  rid  of an enemy  but likes to  keep the friends !!!!!

The  trend is   what we look in the field  and as  practial applications . The  scientific  community  will move muhc mor einto depth and we loose  what we  try to achieve , practical  ways applications with mistake s but as wlel with advanced  feedback  to  what we  had in the past.
juergfeldmann

Development Team Member
Did a  short play on this   feedback  and  will show some  questions.
 I  can not see really  any strange  information  other than  what really happened. So need some help  on what   was the strange part of  the   information ?
klortas

Development Team Member
No - all is ok.
I was not aware that its ok for SmO2 to raise in the beginning of the run [smile]
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net