Author   Comment  
juergfeldmann

Development Team Member
Lot's of mails  unfortunately  not on the forum  and I  often wonder why we not like we do here share the information we gather   as it   does not matter whether it is  wrong or right because we  all can learn.
. Unfortunately  we  find more ond more information on different websites  and some  start to get very  confusing.
 This could be avoided  by sharing it together on here and  we can discuss, where it is more a definition  question ro where it is a fundamental   thinking difference  which than  can be sorted  out.

miraculix_koch1.jpg 

Nobody really is a miraculix

So  most  can figure it out somehow  but  why  do we need  to  invent the wheel  again and again

hour record.jpg 

Where  would  a placement of a test equipment   for an idea like this  would make  more sense ? Or   an additional test equipment.

The beauty in a velodrome is that  the coaches  can see this all live  and if they include a  cardiac   hemodynamic  combined  with the respiratory feedback  they have a real physiological testing  or assessment in place   based on real  physiological  live feedback's  versus indirect  lactate and  VO2   information to   use that. 
Just some outside  thoughts

Ruud_G

Development Team Member
If that is a Moxy under the shorts would be nice to see that graph up here. It says nothing about performance so should be OK [smile]
juergfeldmann

Development Team Member
Absolutely  that would e nice  and yes  SmO2  and tHb  will not tell anything about  the actual performance  but would help them  to see, what is the current limitation in the  attempt  to reach their  performance goal. look the  right top corner . What is hat small pump .  ???
bobbyjobling

Development Team Member
Is the location of the sensor correct? It appears a bit low, I place mine near the middle of VL.
juergfeldmann

Development Team Member
I am not sure buy I  would be not concerned about location at all as we do not know what their ideas are. One of the keys  is  most likely  to have a regular same pa lacing  or as close as possible  so you have a decent idea. We will see in the future  as more  cyclists  or  speed skaters  will start using  MOXY, that they will be  some surprises, once they  use 2   MOXYs  on big but same muscle,  so a  high or low  VL  placement  will give some interesting information on  SmO2  values but   even more fascinating will be the comment we will get , that  if they look  for a  SmO2 BP  there  can be difference there as well. Some may not agree but in many cases there is a  left and right difference   even without  injuries. If  you use a  gastrocnemius muscle  and you use the same leg but use medial and lateral belly  you  will have different BP in some cases.  This fascinating  situation lead  us many many years back  when we started in the hope to use NIRS  to  find the famous LT  to the unfortunate conclusion  that it  is  very different. LT is a systemic  hope fully  finding  and  NIRS is a local   metabolic  O2  feedback.
 There is a time lag  but as well a  situation, where  we have no clue , when the possibly  produced  lactate , due to  what ever reason, may show up in a finger  and how many muscle's needed lactate as a buffer  help , how many enjoyed the feeding of lactate  and how long it may take  for MCT  Carrier  to a balanced and optimal lactate  transport.
. I will show    hope fully this week  the  dilemma  we have  with an actual classical lactate curve.
 Here a hint to warm you up.
 If  LT  is  equal Max lass,  that means  all speeds below the LT speed  or intensity  would  yelled how much lactate accumulation.
 Once we go above LT  what happens   theoretically  with  lactate if we  found the  critical  intensity .

By the way as mentioned  I   fix in top cyclists the MOXY on RF as they often show a very dominate  VL  with a plateau in high intensities  and RF is more  reacting on actual  SmO2  trends.  BUT . That's me  an as the establishment  decided  VL is the  way to go  that's  what   we should  do   ????

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net