Author   Comment  
juergfeldmann

Development Team Member

Very busy  lats few weeks  on introduction and interpretation with an ever growing group of NIRS users.
 So will be back  with some  interesting cases  and in depth  discussion I have  with many  great  people.

Below is a section from MOXY twitter feed. Doe sit sound   familiar on what we discuss on the fact forum  and here now  since 25 years. There is no cookbook k but individual assessment reassessment  and  adjustment to individual responses.
. With NIRS/ MOXY  we now have one  of   a few great affordable tools, where we  actually can do this as assessments  but even more important as a live  feedback as we  work out.

Before I get into the details, I should start with something that everyone agrees on: Your genes influence how you respond to training. Starting with Claude Bouchard’s Heritage study several decades ago, evidence has piled up that if you give identical training programs to different people, they’ll respond differently—and those responses tend to run in families.

From there, it’s a short leap to conclude at if you (and your genes) don’t respond well to one type of training, you might respond well to a different type of training. That’s one of the big takeaway messages I got from David Epstein’s The Sports Gene a few years ago.

The key is  to  try to open  your mind  to  the  option, that stimulation and work intensities  are not based on performance  ro %  of  some maximal  load but  only  react on  stimulation of  physiological systems.

Zoning's  are  not here to follow  physical performance but to find intensities , where we can choose what physiological stimulus we like to apply.

To understand physiological training  we have to  keep and open mind on  what physiological reactions we see, are they live or  do they have a time lag.?

Here a  first  question.
 Old idea  of Max lass os r lactate steayd state  or  LT 2  or LT 1.
 Question. What  does LT2  or Max lass means in connection with lactate  dynamic we may see ?  I would love  to follow this  discussion but only  if ether  are  actual  people ready to  give feedback on   discuss this ongoing topic  properly and  with an open mind.!!!!

juergfeldmann

Development Team Member
And  what  do  you think  about this  idea  of  zoning.
 Do  we get more support    for our  ideas  of  " zoning" has to be reviewed. ?  Below a  a  section  form a BLOG  from the Dallas  cycling center

• Traditional Zones are thrown out the window. We know what aerobic rides feel like, we know what “Threshold” feels like. Xert has apps that define zones based on CURRENT MPA, FATIGUE OVER TIME, and ENERGY USE. Thus – THEY SHIFT, based on fitness, and real-time work spent at different intensities.

The intervals can sometimes be MUCH, MUCH HIGHER INTENSITY than we’re used to, and are LONGER than you may feel comfortable with. Sometimes they are the opposite SINCE THEY DON’T HAVE YOU ATTEMPTING SOMETHING YOU CAN’T DO.  And THEY WORK. They REALLY, REALLY work. Many times, the workouts bring you RIGHT TO YOUR EXACT LIMIT meaning, you won’t complete the very last part of the interval. THAT IS FINE. YOU ARE STILL GETTING THE RECOMMENDED TRAINING DOSE
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net