Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
ryinc

Development Team Member
Attached is a 5-1-5 for a female endurance runner, that does a little bit of cycling training. This was a cycling 5-1-5. Moxy on right VL and right Deltoid. I will keep interpretation thoughts to myself to allow others to interpret freely. 

JS Chart.png 

Attached Files
xlsx JS Data.xlsx (211.21 KB, 20 views)

sebo2000

Development Team Member
Hi Ryan,

Thanks for posting the data! I will take a stub, I had very similar case recently (at list at the first glance) generally with females I found we are dealing with a little more fat tissue on the VL, and that possibly might make Moxy read a bit high. I observed the same even with very skinny female youth/kids.

Having said that, I suspect muscle oxidative capacity limiter in the case above, with slight cardiac fatigue, possibly after some recent training? Cardiac is inconclusive as we do not have enough info on recovery state of the athlete during 5-1-5. 

Sebastian

ryinc

Development Team Member
Hi Sebastian. Agree with all of the above, except i think cardiac is the compensator.

Athlete is slim for reference
sebo2000

Development Team Member
Interesting observation, are you looing at cardiac compensator judging by very steady VL THb, or deltoid THb, can you point me in to right direction?

I was looking at second part of 5-1-5 at Deltoid THB, work steps and Maximum rest THb have downtrend that could indicate slight blood redirection to working muscle.

ryinc

Development Team Member
HI Sebastian

I am looking at:
 - THb rises during the interval
 - Strong THb rebounds in general, and higher than start

These paint a picture of the cardiac system trying to get more blood to the muscle to me.

I see the low priority decrease and the slight dips towards the end of working muscle THb, but to me this feels that this is the last resort when the cardiac system itself can't do much more and body is calling on all other help it can get (so less of cardiac being a limiter and more that it is just trying everything it can).

Regards
Ryan
CraigMahony

Development Team Member
Hi ryinc and sebo

I agree there is a utilization limiter.

I also think that in the last 2 completed intervals a respiratory limiter becomes involved as the tHb low point during the work periods is not as low as the previous work periods and the tHb rises to higher levels. When SmO2 is separated into O2Hb and HHb, the HHb starts to rise in the last two completed work intervals.

Finally, given the low power levels, I think muscular strength might also be an issue. But this might just be because it is an issue for me and I am at those same sort of power levels. Did the subject stop because she was muscularly tired or because she was 'puffed out'?
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net