Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
dickfelton

Development Team Member
I am new and have been wearing my MOXY for every walk, run, and Bike ride that I have done. It is great to see the results and how I usually try to run when not recovered. I am finally listening to the MOXY and my Fenix 5 for recovery time, confirming with the O2 levels.

Today I did a 5-1-5 on one of my athletes, to try and see results from someone else. he told me that he was rested (only ran a couple of times on the week end and one bike ride!!) SO I designed a 5-1-5 workout in Perfpro for him. He wanted his FTP at 230 watts however I had tested him previously 4 weeks ago at 223 watts.

I would like an opinion / help about the results that I got for him. My feeling is that he is chronically over trained, but maybe the results say something  else? Any help would be appreciated. I do see an increase in trend of Thb, 

Here is a link to the Perpro results, plus a pdf of SMO2 graphs are atatched. I have attached the csv MOXY file and a xls file on which I have done a chart for SMO2 and Thb

http://ppsrp.co/?=a4x2fyzsfxs

The steps I used for the assessment were 35%, 57%, 88%, & 110%

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to give me some input

Attached Files
csv drglen515.csv (78.77 KB, 3 views)
xls drglen515_SMO2_chart.xls (246.50 KB, 3 views)
pdf drglen515_SMO2_report.pdf (704.12 KB, 13 views)

CraigMahony

Development Team Member
Hi dickfelton

Firstly, on your xls spreadsheet you need to right click on the tHb line and create a secondary axis. You can then set its upper and lower limits. This will give you a much better view of tHb. The fluctuations in tHb are only minor so we need to zoom in on them. Try that first.
dickfelton

Development Team Member
Thanks I will try that.

Development Team Member
NEW XLS with re reranged chart attached

Attached Files
xls drglen515_SMO2_chart_correctedThb.xls (247.00 KB, 11 views)

ryinc

Development Team Member
Looks like it could be a respiratory limiter to me which could be compatible with the overtraining theory.
dickfelton

Development Team Member
Thank you

Development Team Member
ryinc
what are you based on or what do you observe to say that it is a respiratory limitation?
It is to be able to understand the interpretation

Thanks
dickfelton

Development Team Member
# 1 low SMO2. # 2 rising tHb would be the indicators of Respiratory limiter - the blood flow is trying to compensate

Development Team Member
"ryinc
what are you based on or what do you observe to say that it is a respiratory limitation?
 It is to be able to understand the interpretation

Thanks""

As per above post the low sm02s and trending upward thb. But note the interpretation is not bloodflow compensation but rather C02 buildup which causes vasodilation and right shift in the oxygen dissociation curve in the respiratory limiter interpretation context.

Note what is not consistent with the interpretation is the increasing peak Sm02s at the end of the assessment (we would normally expect a battle to get back to the previous levels), and we don't see any particular obvious sm02 delay in recovery right after load which might be associated with a clearer respiratory limiter indicator - i.e. could be open to other interpretations.
dickfelton

Development Team Member
Not sure what else? Perhaps you could elaborate please

Development Team Member
For example muscle co-ordination or technique could be an issue - the low smo2s could be due to dominant usage of this muscle being measured with the thb rising trend being explained by increased vasodilation and cardiac delivery.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net