Author   Comment  
juergfeldmann

Development Team Member
I like to show you some  cross connections  when we look through the many cases we  discuss  and observe. Now this   examples help us  , when we  coach as we  can learn  form one sport or activity  and than move it into another sport, where normally classical ideas never would  pick up  the  small but crucial  changes we  can make  to improve performance  for critical races on the one side  and or use the ideas  to stimulate  certain systems  during workout  even with non athletes.

Here a  visual comparison. first.

DG sli pos.jpg   

And  than

FC bike.png

Now  I like to show you this  2  examples  from Switzerland , where SWINCO is   possibly  one of the  worlds leading  company in  practical NIRS  application  paralleled  only  by  Jiri Dvorak in Prag

I    lie to show this as I got a great data  set  from a  cyclist  from the Netherlands. with the  question on involved  and non-involved muscles in  cycling  for assessments.

The question was  . Biceps  and VL  and how they react.

Let's go back  to the snow  and  Zermatt Glacier  GS training. Andri  and  Swinco  where looking  at  some   ideas on the snow.  MOXYS on  both VL . both hamstrings  and  biceps.
 We had  different task we where looking  at a  world  class  ( gold medalist  downhill skier.) As  so often  the theories and what  you find  are very different  and when the theory  does not fit the facts  the theory has to be reviewed.
 Very  short insight view in our  research  here   with the goals  we  always set on how to improve the  training ideas and recovery  ideas as well the efficiency  during a  race  or the inefficient  during a workout.

Results skiing  VL  and Biceps  in an all out  load  GS  style.

Below  close  view  of tHb  and SmO2  (look  at SmO2  desaturation level  in one  set of a GS  workout)
. VL  DG  zermatt.jpg

Now  same athlete  same training  but we look  at  Biceps arm  muscle.

biceps  DG  zermatt.jpg

Now let's move  to cycling  all out  .
 First below  VL  and biceps   overall view of a full workout.

smo2  all bi  and VL.jpg

Now  first a  example of a  all out  cycling  situation 3  Wingate  test in a row  dine  with the US  Army  base in from Ft. Bragg.

Look  where we see the difference , whether a  muscle  may be involved  or not.

3 x  inv noninv.jpg

Now  lets  go back  to  the first  cycling  all out  workout  with B VL  and biceps. The three  Wingate  where  Delta pars acromialis  and VL.

bi super close thb  smo2.jpg 

You  are all the experts  by now.

Ruud_G

Development Team Member
You can clearly see the lag in the "non-involved" muscle. In short workloads like wingate SmO2 only starts to drop when VL starts to recover again (i.e when the load is over amd SmO2 in VL is ar lowest point in the Wingate rep)
juergfeldmann

Development Team Member
Yes  that is a  great point  , so  it looks to me the  test we got  when MOXY is on the biceps  and  VL  is a  nice  possible  feedback, that  biceps in a  aero position  may be more involved, than we often  believe. Same in downhill racing  and there are some interesting differences  between top skiers  and  good skiers  and there may be some interesting feedback's for coaches out there on what we can  do  with this in training ideas.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net