Author   Comment  
bobbyjobling

Development Team Member
I use a Garmin edge1000 and on the moxy connect IQ app description it states:

"Garmin has announced that they will support writing data like the Moxy data to their .FIT files in Q1 of 2016. We will update the Moxy apps to support this new functionality when it becomes sufficiently stable."

Do you know when this will be implemented?

Roger

This is in the works.  I have been working with Garmin on this.  We have some issues on the FIT file format that we are working through.  I don't have any firm dates, but we should be seeing something out in a beta release in the coming weeks.
Takura

Development Team Member
Roger, thanks, good to know, was interested in this too.

Would you know what someone interested would have to do in order to try that beta?

Also, once I get the data in the fit file, what is the currently available workflow to use that data, e.g. will GC be able to read that, or, how to convert into csv?

Alternatively, I noticed that CIQ apps can write into a log file for debugging, which could be used theoretically to create an csv file directly. So I was wondering whether that might be worth considering for the future too? (Not sure though whether that's only for side loading and maybe not available for apps distributed through Garmin's store, or whether Garmin would reject such usage.)
Roger

Garmin just released a Beta version of the ConnectIQ SDK today that supports FIT File recording.  This uses the "Developer Data" Format for FIT data that is not natively supported on the watch.

https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?353949-Connect-IQ-2-1-SDK-Preview!

I'm haggling with Garmin and Dynastream about the best way for us to implement the FIT recording of Moxy Data.  There are 2 general categories of solution in play right now.
1) Use the Developer Data format but use a standard (I have 2 proposals sketched out) that relates the Developer Data fields back to the ANT+ MO2 Profile Data Fields
2) Implement direct recording of MO2 data in the MO2 Profile format from within ConnectIQ.

Solution #1 would work with the Beta release SDK that came out today, but it creates a second way of representing MO2 data in a FIT File.

Solution #2 is not available in the Beta release SDK, but it's a much simpler standard.

I'll post updates here when I can.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net