Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Takura

Development Team Member
Hi Roger,

One question about the CIQ datafields: I am using them on Edge cycling computers and see sometimes the CIQ icon that indicates some error. Because of this, I have mainly been using NPE Wasp and their iOS app recently, but the inconvenience with that is that their app doesn't store known sensors so I have to "pair" my power meter and select their data fields which is cumbersome as power meters only start sending all data when they are used and not immediately when they power on.

Sometimes the Moxy datafields work from the beginning, sometimes only after re-starting the CIQ datafield (by switching to another activity and back) or the Edge, but sometimes it persists. When I use datafields 1 to 3 simultaneously it can happen that some of them work and some don't. Everything is updated to newest versions.

Is this just me or an known issue? Any ideas what might be wrong in my setup that might cause this? Is the sample app that comes with the CIQ developing environment up to date so that I could use that to check this issue myself?

Thanks, Takura
Roger

Hello Takura,

I'm not sure why your CIQ data fields are crashing like that.

Are these the 3 data fields that you are using?  A couple of months ago, we uploaded new data fields to the App store.  You needed to uninstall the old ones and install these instead of just updating.

https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/a31a35bd-7131-4865-a5d2-4751e5bfe946
https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/0d8765b4-0131-46b2-83f6-cc250ac78a0e
https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/0122a5e0-7e8a-43d4-9077-c4ef5e17b7c4

When a CIQ data field crashes, it should generate a log file that has some information about the crash.  When you connect the device to your computer with a USB cable, navigate tot the following folder.

E:\Garmin\Apps\LOGS

There should be a CIQ_LOG.TXT file.  Send that to me or post it here and that should help me figure out why it's crashing.

Roger
Takura

Development Team Member
Hi, yes, I am using the new data fields.

The last time I had 2 out of 3 failing CIQ_LOG.TXT was filled with repetitions of this:

WARNING: Failed in data field compute
STORE_ID: 0d8765b4013146b283f6cc250ac78a0e
WARNING: Failed in data field compute
STORE_ID: 0122a5e07e8a43d49077c4ef5e17b7c4

Subjectively it seems as if they'd work immediately after installing but when I attemp to use them a few days later they start behaving erratically ... which of course makes no sense unless this is caused by some bugs by Garmin? ... Just erased the app folder and started from scratch to see if that helps.
Roger

Thanks for the error messages.  I will post this on the ConnectIQ forum and see if the Garmin guys have any ideas.  It does seem like a Garmin side problem.

What version of firmware do you have on your Edge 520?

Do you know if you have an APAC version of the device or a North America version of the device?

Roger
CBSquared

Development Team Member

We had the same issue a few weeks ago on two Garmin 520's - I believe it happened after one of their updates.

How I resolved it was: uninstalled all the Connect IQ Apps and Fields - powered off and on a couple of times - then re-installed those apps and fields again.

I have not had any issues with that again (though Garmin seems to have several other issues at the moment especially with Fit 2.0 files)

Bon Chance

Roger

Takura, is this still an issue for you?

I've run my 520 battery dead several times testing it here with 3 Moxys and a speed and Cadence sensor connected and didn't get any failures.

The Garmin Forum didn't provide anything I found useful either.

If you are still having issues, we might need to setup some debug code.
Takura

Development Team Member
CBSquared, thanks for the information ... and good to know I'm not the only one.  :-)

Roger, thanks for testing and posting to the Garmin forum. I haven't tried again in the meantime ... but this is something that keeps me from seriously using CIQ for recording SmO2 as it has happened to me many times before over a long time period and on all Edge versions (520/820/1000) - and they are all not APAC but US versions regularly updated to newest firmware within a few weeks after release. Cannot recall whether it already happened before .fit recording or only after - my memory leans towards the former but the current situation seems more in line with the latter ...

Somewhat suspecting some Garmin issue or maybe even some weird interactions (?) with other CIQ apps - either those running at the same time or just being installed after the Moxy data field.

It would be nice to have something that always works, but it's just one out of many options for recording and looking at the download numbers for the Moxy data fields I am not sure that it makes sense to invest much time in debugging? If you can sneak in some debug code into a general update I'd be happy to also setup the app-specific log files in the log directory.

A somewhat related question: Is the currently distributed SmO2 sample app the newest version? 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net