Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
QFieldBoden

Development Team Member
Hi

After my training this evening I had a problem when I came to download the Moxy unit using the MoxyPC application. It seemed to be downloading Ok but then an error appeared but it them seemed to complete Ok. When I went to the file there was a segment of a couple of minutes about half way through where there was no data, just a gap in the timings of around 4 minutes. My initial thought was that this must be a skin->monitor contact issue whilst recording but I then wondered whether it might actually be a comms issue.

I decided to investigate further so I deleted the downloaded .csv file and re-downloaded the monitor and this time it was absolutely fine, no missing data at all. There seems to be no doubt that this was a communications problem to which I hope there is a solution.

Q
Roger

Hi Quentin,

Thank you for the thorough description of the problem.  It does indeed seem like there was a communication issue.  I think this is the first report of this exact problem, but we have had some similar issues reported during firmware updates.  Unfortunately, we have not been able to replicate them here to be able to find the root cause.

This issue should never cause a loss of data on the sensor.  You did the right thing by repeating the download after the error occurred.

Please continue to report the details if you observe the problem again.

Roger
bobbyjobling

Development Team Member
I have similar problems; downloading data from the moxy is very unreliable on one occasion I had to re-download the same file 4 times. Is it possible to implement some kind of error correction or data validation.

The moxy is connected to a USB 3.0 on my HP pavilion laptop running windows10,  

see file attached row position 396 second download attempt on the third attempt was OK...disregard time and date I forgot to SET date and time after a hard reset of the moxy.

Attached Files
csv Hills.csv (104.77 KB, 19 views)

sandor

Development Team Member
have you tried a different USB cable?

bobbyjobling

Development Team Member
Yes [frown] , but not tried USB 2.0 port yet.
juergfeldmann

Development Team Member
Bobby ,  sorry  can't help you but hope Roger will  look at it  . I  am a complete idiot  when it comes  to  tech computer.jpg  like that.

computer frustation.gif

You can now see why breathing is soooo important.

Larry Flessland

Fortiori Design LLC

I have not used the Moxy PC app with Windows10 and USB 3.0 but would expect it to work ok.  Usually when we’ve seen corrupt data files, it was related to a defective cable.  Unfortunately there is no communication handshaking between the Moxy sensor and PC app.  When we designed Moxy we were not anticipating so much data being transferred by users and just implemented a communication protocol we had used in the past.  There is no capability for handshaking in hardware and it would have to implemented in software.  We have discussed various methods for ensuring better data transfer but have not decided how/when to implement.  There are no plans to implement communication handshaking on this version of Moxy sensor.  For now it is best to inspect the data file and repeat the download if the file is corrupt.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net