Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Roger

CraigMahony

Development Team Member
Thanks for sharing. Is it possible to get a copy of the powerpoint?
Roger

Here's one question that we didn't get to in the webinar.

How reliable is it to use moxy to know the oxygen saturation because moxy is restricted to an specific muscle?
bobbyjobling

Development Team Member
Very interesting Webinar. Thank you for sharing.
camachogabriel

Development Team Member

I have ran con vo2max testing with moxy, I see a little difference when running a vo2max test since mask restrict a little the air flow, also psychological factor of some clients that feels they can breath freely with the mask. I didn't have any numbers but I see some differences.

Another question, how do you calculate the total volumen of oxygen that is use for the metrics.

Thanks a lot, a great webinar, I feel this is a great tool for athlete development

bobbyjobling

Development Team Member
Hi, at my place of work we do a yearly medical assessment and I didn't realised that I did a spirometry test... never mind [smile]
Just wondering if I could get some feedback.

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: 20170317_131447.jpg, Views: 24, Size: 219.13 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: 20170317_131504.jpg, Views: 21, Size: 234.86 KB 

CBSquared

Development Team Member
Thanks - really enjoyed your presentation.

Question - you mention Moxy showing a Respiratory limitation that does not exist in the FitMate data (video location at 38 & 43.30 minutes).
I don't know much about the test you performed but it looks more like an occlusion at the end of the effort that we have observed in some others.
With a 5-1-5 test you can sometimes see a person with one leg down at the end of the effort show similiar results.

Also at 45.10 - you show a respiratory limiter - could this also be a cardiac limiter with the relatively flat thb reading?

Thanks again - really found the respiratory training information very valuable.

Regards

camachogabriel

Development Team Member
I find a very useful tool to determine respiratory limitation the use of an oximeter.
Since you can have this extra piece of data for the interpretation, since once body starts to workout the blood flow and oxygen will be directed to the working muscles, so with the oximeter we can see how is the oxygen in the rest of the body, then we could also determine if there is a respiratory limitation since lungs will probably deliver necessary oxygen for the working muscles but letting a deficiency on the rest of the body, Exercise-induced hypoxaemia

Hope this make sense

Thanks

juergfeldmann

Development Team Member
Is it an exercise   induced  hypoxia  or is it an  exercise  induced  hyperpcapnia ?
Do we really have a  critical low pO2 in the   cells ?

Richardson et al have concluded that: ‘‘…intracellular pO2 remains constant during graded incremental exercise in humans (50–100% of muscle VO2max)’’ so that: ‘‘With respect to the concept of the ‘‘anaerobic’’ threshold, these data demonstrate that, during incremental exercise, skeletal muscle cells do not become anaerobic as lactate levels suddenly rise, as intracellular pO2 is well preserved at a constant level, even at maximal exercise’’ (p. 63168). They also conclude that: ‘‘Net blood lactate efflux was unrelated to intracellular pO2 across the range of incremental exercise to

exhaustion’’ but was ‘‘linearly related to O2 consumption’’ (p. 62768). Another study confirmed these conclusions: ‘‘…consequently these data again demonstrate that, as assessed by cytosolic oxygenation state (deoxy-Mb) during incremental exercise, skeletal muscle cells do not become ‘‘anaerobic’’ as lactate levels rise, because intracellular PO2 is well preserved

at a low but constant level even at maximal exercise’’

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net