Author   Comment  
S.M.

Development Team Member
Does anyone have an example of what they know or would assume with great reliability shows dehydration and/or low carbohydrate stores?   
Ruud_G

Development Team Member
Do you mean a tool?

Look at this one:

https://www.musclesound.com
S.M.

Development Team Member
That is very cool and I will investigate it, thank you for the link.  I was wondering more about a graph that would show the trend of tHb when someone is depleted of carb stores or dehydrated.  
S.M.

Development Team Member
Ruud do you use this tool?  It is very interesting.
Ruud_G

Development Team Member
Hi. No. I am not using this tool, but it is again a very nice application of non-invasive measurement tooling for a very important fuel for exercise [smile]
Jiri Dostal

Development Team Member
Hi, 
I talked to them in ACSM last year. Few ( significant) issues.
1- You need to own an ultrasound machine - only one of those: https://www.musclesound.com/pricing/#toggle-id-2 
2- Cost is very high and you rely on their cloud based SW, that locks you in
3- frankly... this is just a densitometry based on raw data from quadriceps ultrasound you send them via cloud. With some learning you can do it yourself in case you decide to buy such an expensive machine :-)

I am always keen on any new technology. But it should makes sense to me. I am sorry, but this is too weak, too commercial, too much American ( sorry US guys, I do not mean you here in this forum, but an average Joe in a fitness center). :-)

Jiri
Evans

Development Team Member
Jiri, I agree. We inquired about the system over 3 years ago. Nearly 80k if I remember.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net