Author   Comment  
CraigMahony

Development Team Member
The 2016 Summit had a presentation on using Moxy for track and field sprinter tempo sessions. However, what about acceleration and max velocity sessions? A Max Velocity repetition may be 50 - 60m at 95 - 100% of best effort, ie 6 or 7 sec. I understand that the SmO2 recovery curve reflects the PCr recovery and can therefore determine when the athlete has recovered metabolically. What about the CNS component? Elite 100m sprinters typically take 1 minute for each 10m run at maximum velocity to allow the CNS to recover. I have no idea where this recovery time came from but it seems to be fairly universal. Is this a situation when it is not appropriate to use the Moxy?
Davis

Development Team Member
HI Craig, I have utilized Moxy for Speed Endurance sessions. I am still cautious because the Pcr system can uncouple from the Smo2 readings so extra time may still be needed for recovery.  The CNS component I believe also needs to be taken into consideration.  Though when it comes to Sprint training quality is priority - so rest times need to reflect this.  Why rush?  As for Max Velocity work I don't use it as much. Other than seeing what type of contraction the athlete produces at top speed and while accelerating.  I have seen occlusion for some of my more seasoned sprinters and compression with the newbies. This may also give hints to strength training priorities as well.  
CraigMahony

Development Team Member
Thanks Davis
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net