Author   Comment  
Etiennebest

Development Team Member
There is always talk about tests and assessments. For a change I thought I would throw in a long ride I did this week-end and see what can be made from it.

At some stage when I am more comfortable that I can execute it "correctly" I will place a 5-1-5 here to take a look at, so this is not so much my assessment as it is some data that we may not usually get to see here.

So, without any background, here is some raw data to play with:

947basefit - HR, Cadence, etc export from Golden Cheetah.
947VL - Moxy, Vastus Lateralus directly from Moxy.
947DA - Moxy, Delta pars acromialis directly from Moxy.

csv 947basefit.csv     csv 947VL.csv     csv 947DA.csv     

Feel free to ask any questions around myself (physiological/what the day was like/what I felt like etc) and I will answer.

juergfeldmann

Development Team Member
This is  fun  and great,  we have many datas  like this  from very long  workouts  endurance as well as game  sports  so  will be fun  to  first just look at it  and than speculate  be  right or  wrong  who cares  will give it a crack  later today.  Do  you have  two MOXY's  and  if yes  did they where on  at the same time  ?
Etiennebest

Development Team Member
Hi Juerg,

Yes, two Moxies and yes, used at the same time. I notice however that the DA file is smaller than the VL file. Not sure if I switched them off at the same time.
juergfeldmann

Development Team Member
Etienne  one  part  you may have  missed  or not. If you push the   on button  on the MOXY  very  short just once  it will give a marker  when we  look  at the data's  after  a workout  so if  you change an idea in a  long  workout  that is one way  you can mark  it  or you have the synchronised  time as well so you  can have a marker on a  HR  monitor  and  we  than have the synchronised  time  to see when  you did  what  as a change.
Etiennebest

Development Team Member
So this is what I came up with from the "Master Excel" I've been messing around with:

94.7VLO2HR.JPG

And:

94.702HBHHB.JPG 
And the Excel file containing the "massaged" data it's all based on:

xlsx 947MasterEB.xlsx     

I don't know if I calculated the O2Hb and HHb values correctly, and I'm not sure how to do the biased chart in Excel. I calculated it as:
02HB = SmO2/THb
HHb = THb-O2Hb

Please be critical with comment - it's the only way I'll learn. And thank you for the tip regarding the quick press Juerg - the recording was started using the Moxy Connect IQ App on my device (I recalled something from the webinar that it should automatically synchronize the starting times, but I will remember to do this manually in future anyway).

Ruud_G

Development Team Member
From 5500 your load ( in terms of wattage) decreased? Hr down ( co probably down), thb down, smo2 recovertrend /up [wink]
Etiennebest

Development Team Member
Hi Ruud,

Well spotted feedback.

A big hint why: [smile]

947RouteProfile.JPG

I don't know how to look at/compare my CO - part of why I don't like the cookbook idea.

My resting HR is naturally low. 34bpm when I'm fit, around 38bpm when I'm not. I max out at 161 and even that I can only sustain for a very short while before I'm forced to reduce the load - other systems give in much before CO does (at least I suspect they do). My HR also recovers quite quickly when load is removed. E.g. Shot from the very messy 5-1-5 I did:

515mess12112015.JPG

bcoddens

Development Team Member
You can do this with a wasp:

http://npe-inc.com/products/products-wasp-technology.html

I asked Ray Maker about this:

He replied:

"You could do most of it via WASP, assuming you carried the WASP with you.  So for example, I did some files the other day where in a single file I had GPS data, ANT+ sensor data, and then the Moxy data.

The only challenge with WASP is that it's really good for static locations (a room/studio/etc...), but I find it super-finicky when outdoors, mainly because of the app."

So for indoors, go for the wasp, for outdoors I need to make something [smile]

Best Regards,
Bart
Etiennebest

Development Team Member
Thanks Bart,

I've been looking at the WASP from NPE. Looks like a very attractive option considering the proliferation of ANT+ and BLE devices in the house!

Regards,

Et
juergfeldmann

Development Team Member
Great  discussion  and shows  that we  do not have to tell a  all as  there are  very  educated    and smart people everywhere as so often underestimated.
 If you look on the Moxy website  you can see , that we use the  Wasp  since a  while manly  for team sports  like  ice hockey  but as well for  Tennis  or  figure skating  or rowing.
 For people who  work in this sport there is a  Spanish  group using MOXY   in combination  with Video  WIMU.  The main reason  for all of this is , that we mainly  work   on small groups. There is  an immense  of  wealth of information and knowledge  sharing going on  and some of  the regular readers  slowly get involved behind the scene  with  what  we do since a few years  all over the    place. Jiri in Prag , Andri in Switzerland Clint in Florida , Per    from Red Bull in California   , Mary Ann in California  and  Chicago  Brian In the ice hockey  world  wit  Arno  to name some of the  bright stars  and Brains in this  small development.
This  forum is  for many a  great messy  stimulation   and I am sure many    mails I am getting  are on here   and  hopefully  can get some positive ideas out of it. As  such I like to thanks Etienne  and Ruud  , Daniele  to name some of my favorites    for all their  great  and critical  contribution.  At the end of the  Day it is   our goal  to  open up a  fair discussion on  how NIRS  can be integrated in   what we  do  training concepts  based on physiological ideas.
Jiri Dostal

Development Team Member
Just talked to NPE- the Wasp will have a memory function in the next firmware update sometimes in Q1/2016. This will be great for all outdoors...

I also did a test with a sprinter running at 200m long indoor track. Data were nicely recorded, so I can confirm the Wasp can work on a distance around 70m.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net