Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
ryinc

Development Team Member
Hi All

Attached a new case study. Interested to hear everybody's thoughts, i have an interpretation but will keep it to myself for now to allow open mindedness

Info:
  • Cycling assessment, Male 31, Well trained, Approx FTP 300. Was a hot evening.
  • Moxy's on Rectus Femoris “RF” and Left Deltoid . Right leg at 6 o clock at rest periods. Position remained the same largely throughout – except in the last loads where the athlete "sat up" at the end of the interval.
  • Protocol followed was 3 min calibration, then “5-1-5” roughly 115w,170w,210w,270w,320w (failed on first 320w effort), then recalibration at end.
  • At the end of assessment we moved the sensor from the Deltoid to Vastus Lateralus “VL” muscle to investigate co-ordination between RF and VL (I have moved the data to a separate file).
Of interest is that this athlete is a vegetarian - would be interested if there are any views on whether this shows up in the data and how.

Cheers
Ryan

Attached Files
xlsx DR 5-1-5 RF (Right) and Medial Deltoid (Left).xlsx (174.36 KB, 18 views)
xlsx DR Step Test to Check Co-ordination RF vs VL.xlsx (25.96 KB, 7 views)

bobbyjobling

Development Team Member
I've added an image that might show VL & RL muscular coordination. Data was taken from the ramp test. You need to look at the different rate of change between VL RF, if one is changing more than the other then we might say that the load is different and therefore the coordination is different. 

HHB VL RF.jpg 

ryinc

Development Team Member
Thanks Bobby. Thats why i did the ramp test - to see if there were different desaturation slopes. However my conclusion was that they were fairly similar and no major co-ordination issue.The same graph for someone with more significant dominance in one muscle wiuld be much more exaggerated.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net