Author   Comment  
DrRoadrash

Development Team Member
Looking for the best way to use direct MOXY download for analysis along with powermeter data, heart rate, and cadence on the same graph.  I typically use trainingpeaks.  Will PerfPRO do this?
I want to be able to use this both directly with the computer for trainer rides, as well as on the road.
Thanks,
Aaron
Roger

Hi DrRoadRash,

The best way (currently) to get the Moxy data into Training Peaks is to set the Moxy to send out its data using the ANT+ Speed and Cadence profile.  SmO2 will show up in the cadence field and THb in the Speed field.  You can use this with PerfPro, PeriPedal, a Garmin Watch, or the IpBike phone app and save the data as a .FIT file to import into Training Peaks.  There are 2 drawbacks to this solution 1) The data are mislabled and 2) It doesn't work with a lot of powermeters.  If the power meters also output a speed or a cadence data stream, that will often override the data stream from the Moxy.

We have talked with Training Peaks and WKO about adding in support for the Muscle Oxygen profile.  It's on their list, but we don't have a timeline yet.  This support will be importing .FIT files that contain Muscle Oxygen data (like the #2 option for GC below)

Golden Cheetah is actively working on support for the Muscle Oxygen profile. I've seen screen shots of Moxy data in the software so it's getting close.  There will be 3 ways to get the Moxy data into GC.
  1. GC can read it live from ANT+ like PeriPedal or PerfPro.
  2. GC can upload a .FIT file with Muscle Oxygen data in it.  Currently, PeriPedal and IpBike make FIT files with Muscle Oxygen data.  I've emailed with Drew at PerfPro about having him do this too.  We are also adding an option to the Moxy PC app to save the Moxy data in FIT format when you download the stored data from the sensor using the USB cable.
  3. GC can download data directly from the Moxy sensor just like the Moxy PC App or Zeropace.
Roger
DrRoadrash

Development Team Member
Thanks Roger,
I have been emailing with Drew about Perfpro.  I sent him some workout files.  He is working on it.  I am hopeful we can combine files from my ANT+ powermeter as well as the MOXY and overlay the time synced data in the same file.
This is obviously not a problem with a trainer ride but it would be nice to get some road data as well.  I am sure it will get there, and eventually someone will put out an ANT+ computer that will record power data, and MOXY data at the same time.  Would be great to be able to look at a road ride with MOXY data, Power, Cadence, HR all in one.

Aaron
Juerg Feldmann

Fortiori Design LLC
Aaron, thanks for the  info   and discussion on here. I will give some more  bike specific  answers  on   the thread  we started  with PG  and his  information   from a test. I like to give there a    deeper insight into cycling  from our experience.
Here in very short. Cycling fans  are   like religious people , they often believe  and therefor  miss  many interesting developments  which take  place  always.
  I  started  to     help running cycl9ng camps in the   early  1980  in Mallorca        an than moved  to Italy  and Spain Giverola ( Girona. We  ran cycling camps  over 20 years  with  somewhere between 1000 - 50000  participants in one  year alone.We did in excess  of  over 100'000 lactate sampling  and  over 10'000 VO2  max  and FTP    assessments , so  no we do not know    completely  how it works  but we  for sure  know more about our own weakness  to try to  cover up information or questions by using nice looking  theories  and simple explanation. The most famous  one we use is   or was a calculator  to calculate  " zones"  and than add a definition to the calculated  %  even though we  all know it does not work that way.
 We started   at that time  with wattage  and  lactate  and VO2 .  So we did it all  VO2  max  and sold that as the Gospel, than we moved  to  Lactate threshold  and defended  that to the   own blood  despite  unease  , than we started  to make  mainstream  power meters  and  this was the " only way " to go but over time we got  older and less aggressive, less  needs  t prove a point  for other  but rather prove a point to our-self, that there is no limit in learning  and as we go along we  can combine  and re-lace  on what we    see is a real improvement.
 As  such   NIRS  and  in specific  MOXY is a real add on    to improve individual information in any activity not  just like cycling..
 So your suggestion is  what it needs , an option , where we can see  and combine  the great information  we can gather  and as  such  start to understand  more ( not all ) on  how  and why we   can combine  information and how  and why  certain more traditional ideas  may need at least some more critical reviews.
 As mentioned  i will show  some data  from cycling  and  let the critical reader step in  for a fair  discussion  instead of a religious " war "    to try to defend  just because   we like to hang on the same believe  even if  many  directions may lead  to other outcomes  or conclusion.

So  I hope to get to some of this  ideas  today of tomorrow   with some up to date  nice feed backs  and discussions  we had in our  last week Seattle   seminar. Cheers Juerg
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net