Author   Comment  
stephensmith

Development Team Member
Hi everyone,

So it's the first time I've used the MOXY kit today, and the first time it has ever been used. 2 of the 3 sensors seem to be working fine. I charged them up, and a small click shows 4 green LED flashes...all good.

But 1 sensor seems to have an issue. When it is plugged in to the PC with the app open, I see a steady yellow light and a flashing green light. On the software the battery is shown as full. However when I disconnect the unit, it won't turn on and none of the LEDs flash. A small click does nothing. The unit will turn on and record when it is attached to a PC with the app open, but as soon as the app is closed the unit stops working.

I've tried the reset (hold button down), but to no avail. The battery status also shows Invalid sometimes too? 

Thanks,

Stephen
Roger

Hi Stephen,

It sounds like a battery issue on that sensor that isn't working.

One more thing you can try is
  • Unplug the sensor from the USB cable
  • Do a hard reset by holding down the power button for at least 12 seconds
  • Plug the sensor into the USB cable, but do NOT connect to it with the Moxy PC Ap
  • Let it charge like this for at least 20 minutes.
The battery charging circuit can get into a funky state when the battery is completely discharged and this would get it out of that state.

Based on the symptoms that you described, I don't think this is going to fix the issue but it's worth a try.  I'll send you an email to work out a replacement sensor if this doesn't work.

Roger
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net