Author   Comment  
ifor

Development Team Member

I have just published version 1.5.4 of my Android app IpBike onto Google Play.  This version has support for the ANT+ Muscle Oxygen profile so can be user to gather and see data in real time from your Moxy Monitor.

You will need either an Android phone with built in ANT support or a USB ANT stick setup.  The actual ANT interfacing is done by my IpSensorMan app for which you will need the Beta release which you have to sign up for.  Ignore the fact that the beta is advertised as btle it's got all my new code including the MO2 interfacing stuff in it.  Instructions on setting up the sensor are here but it's fairly straight forward.

IpBike is marketed as a cycling app but it's very flexible and just as good for any sports activity data logging.  I have bikes called 'run' and 'orienteer' and I have users using it for all sorts of activities.

If you want to log data while stationary or indoors then make a suitable bike like 'gym' or 'rower' and set the option for Indoors / Stationary which will stop IpBike trying to use the gps.

Specifically for MO2 you can add the haemoglobin concentration to fully customizable display along with the Saturated haemoglobin percentage.  You can also get the recent average reading using a user settable time window.  The average values, min and max values are also available for the activity or a lap within it.  These averages min and max values are available for review post activity on the phone.  The raw logged data can be exported as .FIT or potentially more usefully now as a .csv file.

Any questions or issues please feel free to post here or to support@iforpowell.com

Ifor
mo2_display_setup_bigger.png 

Juerg Feldmann

Fortiori Design LLC
This is great info  and  it shows  how desperate  we  will have to set up  a common language  for international use of MOXY.  The first  USA Seminar  we will run on the 17  of January will just do that.
 Here  you see  why :

"  Specifically for MO2 you can add the haemoglobin concentration to fully customizable display along with the Saturated haemoglobin percentage.    So the question is  or the goal   is  to avoid what happened  in the past  with  lactate threshold and  anaerobic  threshold  and  ventilatory  thresholds  and  aerobic threshold  and anaerobic threshold      and so on.
 We  will start to publish here the names  we sue   in Europe  an din North America   under MOXY users  so we  talk  and understand the information  with a minimal amount of confusion.
 Here  question to above:
  1.what is  MO2 ?
 As  MO2  is often used  as the  Myocardial  oxygen use ?
2. What is   haemoglobin concentration  
?

The mean corpuscular hemoglobin concentration, a measure of the concentration of hemoglobin in a given volume of packed red blood cells. It is reported as part of a standard complete blood count.

It is calculated by dividing the hemoglobin by the hematocrit. Reference ranges for blood tests are 32 to 36 g/dl,[1] or between 19.9 [2] to 22.3[2] mmol/L. It is thus a mass or molar concentration. Still, many instances[3][4] measure MCHC in percentage (%), as if it were a mass fraction (mHb / mRBC). Numerically, however, the MCHC in g/dl and the mass fraction of hemoglobin in red blood cells in % are identical, assuming a RBC density of 1g/mL and negligible hemoglobin in plasma.
3.  Saturated haemoglobin percentage ?   The  other  small part  could be  that we  keep our  standardize  color coding as well and would be   easy to  just have this set on the  phone  as well.

Summary:
  What we see  and it is great is  an explosion on people    jumping on MOXY  and it's  use.
  This is supper as it will change the way we  make physiological workouts.
 The  key  an the plan is  to try  to somehow  coordinate the efforts  on the long range use of MOXY  in combination with indoor  and out door  use.
 As so often   once  people see the  extreme value of a new    tool  and system   we    have the great opportunity  to really  start to integrate it.
  Interval workouts   group training   for  teams sports  as  well as  individual  strength workouts   will be soon all guided  over MOXY  and  information on SmO2  and tHb

I will   next week in preparation  for the People of the Boulder seminar   offer here as well the  pre seminar reading   help  to get the optimal discussion out  of  our 2  day  event.
 So everybody is invited  to  take part on the forum on the ongoing discussion as we  all keep learning as we go along.  Idea.  MOXY  as  a future integration in practical applications.

ifor

Development Team Member
Sorry for the confusion.  If there is something specifically in the app that is not correct please let me know and I will fix it but please be specific.

MO2 if the abbreviation being used in relation to the ANT+ Muscle Oxygen Monitor profile.

Where I said 'haemoglobin concentration' I think I meant 'Total Hemoglobin Concentration' in the terms used in the device profile documentation.
Juerg Feldmann

Fortiori Design LLC
Thanks  great.  Question:
 Can you use  Green as the color  for SmO2  and  brown as the color  of THb ?  as numbers n the screen?
 What is the distance the MOXY sensor  can be placed  and I still get the info on  the  phone ?
How many  MOXY   feed backs  can I see :
  Example:  Can I have one MOXY on my leg  and one on my arm  and have both info's  on the screen. If  yes  do I give a name  to each MOXY designated ?
ifor

Development Team Member
Colours are customisable so you can set up whatever you want.  Data is displayed real time on the phone as well as being logged.  Range is hard to say.  Phone in pocket or on bike is no trouble normally with ANT.  I would expect things to be acceptable up to 5M with no major obstructions.  If it would be good at the bottom of a 10M climbing wall would be an interesting test case.

I only have support for a single sensor.  Supporting multiple is not really something IpBike is structured for at the moment there would need to be quite a re-working of the internals for this.  A separate dedicated app would be simpler but at the moment supporting IpBike as is is taking all my spare time.
Juerg Feldmann

Fortiori Design LLC
This is great feedback  and thanks so much   for being apart   in helping us to make  MOXY  and  as  such NIRS   easier and better available  for    people on the street  for  individual  workouts  options. Your version  is a great option  for  personal coaches  for strength workouts  as well as   for interval workouts.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net